Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dominating on offense>Controlling the clock

This needs to be ingrained into the heads of Joe Gibbs and the offensive coaches. We had success throwing to Jacobs, Cooley and Santana and instead of trying to get that last field goal to seal the deal, we figure hey lets just try to play it safe and run the ball, hmm maybe they won't figure to stack the box. Listen I ain't a newbie to watching the game, I know sometimes you need to control the clock but with 8 minutes left there is no way you are not going to give San Diego the ball back with enough time to score, a ten year old could figure that one out. The first two drives in the 4th quarter what did we do, run on 1st and 2nd down, and then pass, that's playing to not lose rather than playing to win, and it needs to end.

Also why would you force this defense to make a play, I know they got an interception at the end, but as the 4th quarter showed time and time again they've have hide under a rock when it mattered most.

Finally Walt Harris should play no more than spot duty, the only thing that I can say positively about this game is that Carlos Rogers impressed me, and I think he will turn out to be an excellent draft pick.

Listen I ain't a newbie to watching the game, I know sometimes you need to control the clock but with 8 minutes left there is no way you are not going to give San Diego the ball back with enough time to score, a ten year old could figure that one out. The first two drives in the 4th quarter what did we do, run on 1st and 2nd down, and then pass, that's playing to not lose rather than playing to win, and it needs to end.

i totally agree.. don breaux is no genuis on offense..we play to bite are nails then lose and post negative theads...last play of the game. pass play when we should run.. 1 reason to put hall in better postion.. 2 run the clock out to the fullest..instead it s a pass, longer fg and we miss, they have time left.. yucks, im biting my toe nails now..... our offensive coordinators shouldnt leave it on the defense every every week../...this is getting pathetic.. our O-coaches suck......

i totally agree.. don breaux is no genuis on offense..we play to bite are nails then lose and post negative theads...last play of the game. pass play when we should run.. 1 reason to put hall in better postion.. 2 run the clock out to the fullest..instead it s a pass, longer fg and we miss, they have time left.. yucks, im biting my toe nails now..... our offensive coordinators shouldnt leave it on the defense every every week../...this is getting pathetic.. our O-coaches suck......

Exactly, the key for an offense is to move the football and score, the key for the defense is to try to keep the other side of the scoreboard and give the offense a chance to seal the deal.

Unfortunately Gibbs and co. seem to think that the offense should play to give the defense a chance to win. This is totally wrong.

Archived