Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Columbia, SC?

Funkyalligator

Home of Shaw AFB. Haven't heard too many good things about this place. Hot........Africa hot. If you like NASCAR, Darlington is not too far. Otherwise, like I said, not a popular stop in the Air Force. State police are a$$holes, almost as bad as Virginia

I grew up in Columbia, SC and went to college at USC and its an awesome place to live. I live in COlumbus, Ohio now and and i really miss cola town. If buy a home look at the Lake Murray area, the lake is great and the neighborhoods are very safe and fun. The best areas are Irmo, chapin, Lexington and the Northeast section. If you are looking for a place to live, check there first. GREAT SCHOOL SYSTEMS, despite SC's reputation. PLenty of night lifr in 5 points(downtown) and several washington redskins fan clubs. Of course the town lives and dies for our game****s!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. my email is jwfrick@hotmail.com

I'm 26 and single and straight, so I was wondering about women down there. I met a few girls from SC when I lived in Charlotte, NC and found them to be a bit slow on the education side of things. Also what is there to do? What area should I live in if I am single and want to have fun.

well, i am 25, and it does have a great night life. If you want to meet a lot of women live downtown near 5 points. I used to be a national sales rep and ill put SC girls up against any other than maybe CALI. The bars are awesome and the weather is great. There are some downsides to SC. you cant buy beer on SUnday, and they show the Carolina Panthers on Sundays instead of the Skins. Let me tell you though, Just hang out in 5 points or the Vista(riverfront area) and you will not be dissapointed at the women or the night life. The best part of SC is you do not need to have a winter wardrobe, its shorts all year long. That means the chics stay tan all year long!

I used to be a national sales rep and ill put SC girls up against any other than maybe CALI.

Let me know when you do, and I'll bring a video camera. I hear there's quite the market for this kind of thing. :)

Sorry. Long day.

The cost of living is really good. You can get a 1 bedroom apartment for about $600 downtown appartment, or in the burbs for about $450-500. Of course i havent lived there in about 2-3 years. Just a few names of bars/clubs you need to hit up. Knock knock club(3-1 female to male ratio), Jillians, Bar none, and rafters(if it is still open). I go down to SC about once every 2 months to hang out and its always a party going on. I will tell you this about Columbia, it is a college town, and not very big so if you are used to a big city, you may not like it.

I lived in Columbia (Irmo) for about 4 years and I agree with game****skins, "Irmo is the place to live". The opposite side of the Lake is Lexhington and has it's share of rednecks. Five pts. is the gathering place at night but during the day get yourself a boat and cruise the Lake. They plan on dropping the lake about five feet to do some road work across the damm in October but hopefully it will be done in time for next season.

Most famous Redskin Game**** is George Rodgers and Brad Edwards.

If you want to meet women go to a game**** game and sit behind some and just yell Our ****s are certainly up and coming.

I once took a drunken bus trip in college to Columbia for a South Carolina-App St. game and I still remember the T-shirts at that ball game. "You can't lick our ****s" "You can't beat our ****s" and one about the stadium (built to withstand stuctural movement) "If it ain't swayin' ... we ain't playin'."

That's about all I remember, though. :)

Archived