Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Stat... Yards lost due to sacks

mistere

Fortunately I didn't get to see the game yesterday, so I dont know how the game went, but as I explored the internet before work today, I found something of interest.

Brunell has done very well for us so far this year in my opinion. He is ranked #11 among the ten game QB's, he is tied for 2nd in fewest INT's with 5, and is asked to throw the ball the 3rd most of those QB's ranked above him.

The one thing that looks the worse as I scanned through was the sacked yards. In the entire NFL, he is 2nd to last with 182 yds. (David Carr who is last in the NFL nearly doubles that with 305. hehe sad but true.)

Our o line needs to step it up in my opinion and Gibbs needs to make more of a dedication to the run. I thought for sure with his return all we would do is run. Personally I would much rather see 3 runs up the middle for no gain followed by a punt, than 3 incompletions and punt.

If we made more of a dedication to the run, Defenses would need to respect it more. Brunell wouldn't have to throw as much (even though he is doing it well), he wouldn't be sacked for negative yards as much, and he wouldn't be hit and fumble as much.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived