Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official - I LOVE THIS TEAM thread

rdsknsfan4life

I can appreciate the frustration expressed by many of the posters on this board. It's been a long time since we've had a team that dominated the league. I'd love to see that again but let's be real. Few teams ever dominate this league. At least we can say that we've been able to cheer for a few of them. That is more than most NFL fans can say.

So, I think we need to gain a little perspective here. Those of us who are crying because the Skins ONLY have a winning record need to get a grip. We need to reconsider what we are using as a measuring stick for this team.

I'll tell you what I use as a measuring stick: Heart, Competence, Energy, Attitude, Execution, and Skill.

This team as all of these things in spades. I love this team!

This team has great heart. They play with a lot of energy and attitude. Every week they don't sit back and take it on the chin. Instead they take it to the opposition. They don't always win but the other team knows it was in a dog fight when it was all over. I can't ask for more.

On top of that, this team is fun to watch. Their schemes on Offense and Defense make you wonder what they are going to throw at you next. And they run every play like it's a jail break. It's 100% chaos when the ball is snapped except they know what they are trying to do and how to do it. I freakin' love this team.

The offense's passing scheme of layered routes and staggered releases into those routes leave teams clueless as to who is running routes and when. It's beautiful! And Defensively they pressure all the time. Could they do it better? Yes. But at least they don't sit back and get picked apart. They take their shots. And speaking of shots, they usually land a few. This team HITS. They lay people out. They make people pay.

Brunnel is playing incredibly well. Watching Moss is like watching Michael Jordon. You don't know what he is going to do when he gets the ball in his hands but there is a good chance that it is going to be pretty spectacular. Cooley is cluch, Portis plays with tons of heart, Betts runs extremely hard, Sellers has a bad attitude, Lavar is flying (literally) all over the place, Washington is jacked up all the time, Taylor instills fear in people because he hits like a beast, I mean, come on guys! I freakin' love this team!

Think back to the Norv (Gosh I suck as a head coach) Turner days. Did we see ANY of this back then? HECK NO!

These are good days my friends. Be proud of this team, win or lose, because they are worth being proud of. And enjoy the effort this team brings to the field. Okay, so they are 5-4 but they play like they expect to win. And they should expect to win because they can beat ANYBODY in this league and they know it. It's been a long time since I've seen that and I'm lovin' it.

HTTR

Archived