Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

escholz's observations

Golgo-13

Here were some things that I took away from this game:

1. I like being a fan of a team that can have an off night but still pull off the win. The past few years an off night has meant losing by 20+ points. I truly believe that Spurrier will find a way to keep us with or above the competition. It's just something about his demeanor that makes me feel confident that we'll find a way to win. I wasn't even all that concerned when we were down, I was confident that they would find a way to get it done. It feels great to have a winner in Washington again!

2. It made me nervous as anything to see Samuels go down. Here's to a speedy and total recovery Chris. :pint:

3. If his back holds up, Daryl Gardner will be a star in this Defense.

4. Marvin Lewis has some yelling and some cutting to do. I hope that our D can make a stronger showing against Pittsburgh.

5. I love the fact that our offense still scored 30 on an off night. Sure it's the Panthers in the preseason, but I just feel good about that unit and especially DW and Doering. Whenever the ball goes in Doering direction, he makes the catch.

6. I'm still pumped about this season and I still think that we have a hell of a football team here in Washington.

Originally posted by escholz

one more thing.....when will we be able to stop the friggin' moblie QB's. They always eat us alive and have for years!! It drives me nuts!!

I agree. That Fasani was killing us! I trust it would have been different if it had been our starting LBs in there, but it's definitely frustrating to watch the QB beat you running.

Originally posted by escholz

one more thing.....when will we be able to stop the friggin' moblie QB's. They always eat us alive and have for years!! It drives me nuts!!

If our starting defense and linebackers were in the game it would have been a different story. In essence our "hit men" linebackers will have the quarterbacks running for their lives. Dexter Mc Nabb is already having nightmares.

Archived