Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An observation......

NastyBoy

I think it's a couple of things. The most important thing being that Moss and Cooley catch everything and Patten has been dropping too many passes. He's been no better than Rod Gardner this season.

The second thing is that it seems like Brunell is very very quick and going through progressions. He's been so productive, though, it's really hard to doubt the guy. One one 3rd down pass to Cooley you could see that all 3 receivers ran 5 yard curls and none were open. Not to doubt you, but I wish we could get a 2nd or 3rd person who has the view from the stands to tell us what they think. It could also be that Patten is getting open on plays where he is the last read.

Is Brunell holding onto the ball too long, or does he have too much time to throw it?

On alot a plays I believe it was the latter. You cant have the QB stand back there all day, and do his little tap dance going through his socalled progressions a "third time".

On patten I think it is a practice thing or they are saving Patten for the second half of the season when teams really double up on Moss. Lure them into "Oh they never throw it to Patten"

Is Brunell holding onto the ball too long, or does he have too much time to throw it?

On alot a plays I believe it was the latter. You cant have the QB stand back there all day, and do his little tap dance going through his socalled progressions a "third time".

On patten I think it is a practice thing or they are saving Patten for the second half of the season when teams really double up on Moss. Lure them into "Oh they never throw it to Patten"

That would be an ideal scenario. I'd like to see it unfold just this way.

I think it's a couple of things. The most important thing being that Moss and Cooley catch everything and Patten has been dropping too many passes. He's been no better than Rod Gardner this season.

The second thing is that it seems like Brunell is very very quick and going through progressions. He's been so productive, though, it's really hard to doubt the guy. One one 3rd down pass to Cooley you could see that all 3 receivers ran 5 yard curls and none were open. Not to doubt you, but I wish we could get a 2nd or 3rd person who has the view from the stands to tell us what they think. It could also be that Patten is getting open on plays where he is the last read.

Very good points. The only thing I'd modestly protest is that Patten has dropped too many passes. While I conceed he's dropped a few, I'm not sure it's fair to say he's dropped so many that he should be overlooked in the offense at this point.

I agree with everything else you've said though. Would you agree though at this point that it's way too soon for the masses to be calling for the guys head on a platter?

I suppose I started this thread not to second guess Brunell or the coaching staff........but to get a feel for what others think of Patten. I feel it's premature to call anyone out just yet.

The equivalent would be me calling for Thrash's head because of some seriously poor choices on punt returns......and his performance in last weeks game. That would be uncalled for.

Archived