Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: D.C. Seizes 16 Owners' Property for Stadium

pez

I highly doubt that if there was no baseball stadium proposal, and this land was for sale they would get the dollar amount they will now. If the baseball deal falls apart tomorrow and any of these people tried to sell thier land they would not get this much. The area was not that desierable before this proposal.

Maybe at some point in the future it would have become a more expensive area, but it is not currently. And it might be a money area in the future, but right now it is not.

I understand that its not easy to give up a business you have built from the ground up, but i would guess its more greed and the desire for more money driving this then anything else. For the people that say they dont want to leave, if the government was giving them twice what they claim they are worth im sure no one would compain, But they are giving them just compensation and these people think just compensation is too little but they claim its the principle of the thing not the money. I disagree.

I did say “So in a few years that will be a “ Money area” in the posts you are quoting and you my doubt that without the stadium the homes would be worth a lot of money but if read some of the news from the past years about the gov building up that area; it would tell you right there. That was one of the Gov’s main focuses plus I can already see they are working on some things slowly but surly. There is a shopping center right by waterfront where they have started some work adding new things to all the buildings.

Yea everyone has a price but when some one says "its because of the little bit of money" thats a "Catch-22" but right now those ppl do not want to move. Plus no one likes an ultimatum

Archived