Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd and 1, 3rd and 2!!!

Arnok Vanquish

Everyone, I swear I trust in Gibbs, I really do! I have watched the Skins now for far to long to doubt anything he does, but, please let me ask for an opinion here because I am really really scratching my head!!

Did we or did we not have a 3rd and ONE, and a 3rd and TWO, BOTH IN DENVER territory??? And on both plays, instead of running the ball, and maintaining our drive, in hopes of getting at least a chance at a field goal, we PASS on both downs?? What give please ladies and gentlemen with this playcalling? This to me seems to be something that could just as easily be a "downfall" on our part just as a fumble, a reversed safety, a missed 2pt, or however many penalities.

Even ONE 1st down there on either the 3rd and 1, or on the completely different series when we had a 3rd and 2, and we may be able to eek out ONE field goal on either drive, of course since we lost by 2 points. I don't want to hear predictable play calling as an answer, because if you can't line up and get 1 yard in the other teams territory and you lose by 2, I just think that people are to worried about proving we have a passing game or proving we can get yards in chunks instead of concentrating on getting the 1st downs you need. This game showed EVERYONE the Skins are for real, and will be a force to reckon with the whole year, but, two attempts, 3 and 1, 3 and 2, and we can't get a first down while IN other teams territory, I just don't recognize this as Joe Gibbs football? Something is head scratching here??? Any thoughts please?

Archived