Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer Help

BIGDC

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem. My scanner had recently broken down and while dicking around trying to fix it I somehow changed the program that pictures are open up with which was JPEG Image. Now every picture I save or saved is opened by some photosuite program. I defnitley would like to bring all my pictures back to the basic old jpeg image form, any information on how to go about doing that would be deeply appreciated.

Go into the options for the scanner program and search for the default settings usually there is one where you can select what format the pictures are displayed in. There is probably one where you can choose jpeg, bitmap etc. This probably where things went wrong. What type of scanner is it?

Try this for a default viewer (this is for Windows 95/98):

Click on My Computer, View, Folder Options. You should see a dialogue box with 3 tabs. Click on the File Types tab.

Scroll down until you see JPG File in the window and under the File type details an Icon with the extension of JPG. It will probably say opens with Photosuite.

Click Remove.

**Do the same for your GIF File (unless you want to open them with Photosuite.)

Now, close this window by clicking ok.

Go to one of your folders and find a jpg and double click.

You should be prompted with an Open With dialogue box. Scroll down or browse until you find the program you want to use to view your jpg's and make sure "Always use this program to open this file" is checked. Select and click ok. This will now be your default viewer for your JPG files. Now find a GIF and repeat the process.

If you have any questions email me at blugene@attbi.com

Archived