Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Play to Win?

rdsknsfan4life

I wonder what the coaching staff will learn from this game. Will they say "See, if we don't make too many mistakes and stay close we'll have the chance to win". Or will they say "We didn't do squat when we played conservatively. It's time to open things up and let it fly. We have to play to win."

My beef with Brunnel all along has been his apparent unwillingness to gun the ball down the field. For 3 1/2 quarters against the Cowboys he was gun shy and the offense went nowhere. When he finally made up his mind to throw the ball down field we scored. Imagine that!!!

If he starts threatening the defensive secondary then we can win with him. If he continues to be no threat then we'll continue to struggle offensively.

I'd rather have a QB that dares to score and risks turnovers than have a QB that doesn't dare to score and consequently never does. If it's Brunnel or Ramsey it makes no difference to me. At least, if we dare to score, it's entertaining and I believe, with our defense, it's more likely to result a "W".

I'm still not convinced that Brunnel can thread it in there. In other words, as long as Brunnel is the QB we may not be able to threaten the defense on the medium range passes. I hope I'm wrong but I've yet to see reason to believe that I am.

I think this past game proves you are mistaken. Seattle's defense will be LOOKING for the long ball, which will leave more room for medium range passes.

If I'm ray rhodes I look at the redskins and I say okay, do it again.

I have all the faith in the world in gibbs (now :) ), but the gameplan against the skins is still the same. Put 8-9 men in the box, cover 1 or 0. Stop portis, sack brunell and force the skins to beat you by throwing the ball deep. It might not work, but it's still the best way to beat us.

Portis is the strength of this team and we are not going to win man games where he is as unproductive as he was in dallas. I hope brunell can find that lightning again. I mean it did already strike twice.

I have yet to see passes across the middle. We haven't had a receiver go over the middle like a mad man since Gary Clark. It seems like the whole offense is just bunched up in the middle. They need to spread it out a little. I know, two tight ends, but open it up a little. It will open up the running game as well.

Archived