Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Observations from Last Night

Neophyte

I am still somewhat drunk with the results from last night but I do have some football observations from last night while it is all still fresh.

- This is first win by the Redskins when Clinton Portis did NOT rush for over 100 yards. I consider this a good thing.

- We may have the best pair of Offensive Tackles in the NFL. While neither Samuels or Jansen are the best at their respective positions I think together they are as good or better than any other team in the league can field.

- Clinton Portis is as good a blocker as he is a runner. He is one of the most complete backs in the league. I did not see him get beat on a block all night.

- Lemar Marshall may not be as good as Antonio Pierce but the gap is not nearly as large as most people thought before the season started. Marshall was big last night and did a great job before the snap of directing traffic.

- Walt Harris is a great open field tackler. Whatever he gives away to Smoot in coverage skills he more than makes up for in tackling. He came up big on several plays last night.

- Our defensive line is great against the run but absolutely cannot bring pressure on the QB. At some point before the end of the season the inability of our line to rush the passer effectively is going to cost us dearly. This is the only real weak spot in this defense though.

- The ST return units are not missing Antonio Brown.

- Our punt and kick coverage units give up one return a game and I hold my breath every time they are on the field.

Archived