Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins From A to Z

rtandler

:D Please pardon the commercial interruption:D

I wanted to thank those members of the forum here who have ordered The Redskins From A to Z. A good chunk of the sales have come from Extremeskins members.

I also would like to point out a few improvements that have been made to the Website. It was pointed out to me that it was difficult to find out the price of the book, $19.95, without actually ordering it. That has been corrected.

Also, it seems that a lot of you didn't really have a good feel for what the book is all about. That's understandable since it's one of a kind. To remedy that, I've posted an extended preview that looks just like the book will on the Website. Go here to take a look You'll need the Acrobat Reader plug-in to read it.

Thanks again, and, now, back to the usual Redskins talk.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

Just curious: where did you get your material? Mainly from the Post's archive? The team?

Mostly from the Post and, for some of the games since 1970, the Richmond Times-Dispatch. For some games in the early going, and due to some of the gaps in the availability of the Post, I had to go to the Library of Congress and get the opposing team's hometown paper to get the accounts. Many, many hours of zipping through microfilm reels and making copies.

Just in case anyone's wondering, it's all original stuff, I just culled the facts from the papers.

I was wondering if you got any info from this great site and also if you would mention extremeskins.com in your book.

This forum sums up why Redskin fans are the best fans on the face of this Earth.

Do I sound like Jack Kent Cooke yet? If you need any quotes for your book make sure you just use real people like us.

I would not just rely on the different media. They try to package things nice and neatly and a lot of times just don't get it. Ken Beatrice on WMAL was the exception. He was great to listen to during the Redskin glory years.

Good luck on your book!

Archived