Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AJWatson3's week 2 picks

AJWatson3

OK, i've got chicken cooking, so i'll have to make this quick....

BAL 24 @ TEN 7

Yeah, only 7 points. The BAL D is gonna be ready to bring the pain after last weeks embarrasing game. And no matter who runs the ball for their offense the yards and first downs will pile up. BAL is a better team with Wright at the QB and Mason will have nice numbers tonight working off the play-action.

PIT 21 @ HOU 10

PIT keeps it going on both offense and defense. They should win this game with a ball-control offense, just like last week. HOU has nice corners but are still not able to play the 3-4 like they want. The Texan offense will see what it's really like and struggle once again. Run Willie, run!

JAX 14 @ IND 28

As much as i like JAX they won't get it done. Nice defense and good offensive showing last week, but the Colts look incredible.... 1/16 into the season. i think IND keeps it up and while JAX can move the ball they'll be forced to come from behind and the pressure will cause Leftwich to make mistakes.

DET 10 @ CHI 17

what some would call an upset after both teams showings last week... i don't see it. CHI has a great defense and with more Benson will move the ball on the ground. Orton has skills and will give enough to win. low scoring affair is decided by turnovers.

MIN 27 @ CIN 24

Minny shows what they are capable of against an improved CIN defense. should be very exciting when the O's are on the field. close till the end, Culpepper's wise play makes the difference.

SF 10 @ PHI 31

I wish they would start 0-2, but not gonna happen. SF got an early lead and took away the STL run game last week... enjoy it 9ers fans while you can. the SF pressure D could cause problems, but not enough for their offense to outmatch PHI. jim johnson wins this one, and with trotter they are a different team.

BUF 17 @ TB 7

A battle of great defenses. plain and simple, BUF has more weapons and a better OL. the under bet should be easy to get here.

NE 24 @ CAR 17

already a make-or-break game for the panthers. love them, even without jenkins, but NE in week 2 will be a bad case of the scheduling blues. NE's running game will be the difference here as CAR has trouble sustaining long drives.

ATL 21 @ SEA 20

another contender falls to 0-2. vick will keep SEA's defense tied up and look for him to roll out and go deep. trufant is the only player on the SEA D that helps them win. ATL will run, run, run, and pass just enough to win. still love the SEA offense.

ARI 20 @ STL 27

Zona rebounds from a blow-out loos in week one, but still loses. should be a fun game and will prove which team in the NFC west gets an early lead. if STL doesn't abandon the run they will win. if Martz throws more than 50% of the time he's proven to be an idiot. watch steven jackson have the best day of his career.

MIA 10 @ NYJ 17

If the Jets had won in week one i would see MIA upsetting them. however, the NYJ will be fired up and ready to show the league what they can do on offense. even though i don't like the Jets pass d, they should have enough offense to force Frerotte into making some mistakes. with ricky williams i would predict a MIA win...

chicken time....

for those who've yet to try it: "BONE SUCKIN' SAUCE" is the best.

bonesuckin.jpg

back to football...

CLE 21 @ GB 28

CLE is a couple of years away. Frye will be great and was a steal... Romeo needs a another year of free agency and a stud RB to compete. they'll make things interesting, but GB, even without Walker, has the offense. poor line play, a QB who forces the ball too much (yes, i said something negative about favre...), and a poor defense will make this a close game. should be fun to watch, but tough to bet on.

SD 34 @ DEN 27

both teams are over-rated this season. SD has a piss-poor secondary as was seen last week. the run defense is nice though... what a bizzare situation. i don't like DEN period because of Plummer and thier uncertainty at the RB position. DEN still can't cover 2 WR's and the transplanted DL won't be enough. Gates has a nice game, LT too, and Bress completes 70% of his passes. poor execution keeps DEN from winning.

KC 38 @ OAK 24

this should be a shoot-out. KC gets the passing game going... Kennison and Gonzalez have GREAT games. no matter who runs does so with success, but OAK is so terrified of the KC rush attack that they get burned by Green. OAK has weapons on offense, but their D is so poor they won't be better than a .500 team this year. look for Porter and Curry to have solid games as Moss draws a lot of attention... what else is new?

NYG 20 @ NO 21

yeah, this is supposed a home game, but the NFL wants ratings and NY is the biggest market. yeah, i said that too. it doesn't matter. NO has too many weapons on offense and will execute. the NY DL will be dominated as will their LB's. as much as i dislike the Saints (and most of the off-season moves on D for years) i think they will beat an over-hyped NY team.

WAS 17 @ DAL 14

no, it's not a homer pick, but it is still my upset of the week and my favorite pick for a team to cover-- from one who watched both week one games--because the Skins D is VERY GOOD once again. Brunell won't make mistakes, he'll buy time and find one of the open receivers-- shouldn't be too tough against the DAL secondary. portis will earn 100 TOUGH yards and scare DAL enough to open up the passing game. DAL looked good last week against an under-manned SD team (no Gates...) with a poor pass defense. look for much to change as the winner of this game is the team with the least penalties and turnovers. which will be more disciplined?

Archived