Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is it that....?

addme2theRoster

Why is it that... we can give Brunell 10 games before realizing he isn't what he once was, but give Ramsey 1 1/2 quaters before yanking him? I'm saying give the guy the same amount of games, that was given to Brunell. Is that too much too ask? Then we can make our conclusions fairly. I really do believe Ramsey will out perform and win more games than Brunell.

No, Ramsey isn't the best quater back around, but we don't have much else. Right now Ramsey is better than JC because JC isn't ready and he's only a rookie. Ramsey is better than Brunell because he can get the ball down the field, which will open the run game. Neither Ramsey's nor Brunell's accuratcy is good. But at least the kid can throw for a first down on first-and-ten.

And if you want to argue about turnovers; every qb commits turnovers. Last week Culpepper had 5 by himself (:laugh: LMAO). D. Nabb and Vick each had three. Turnovers happen. Last year against NY (:gaintsuck ), Brunell threw an interception which the defense ran back for a TD. Last week Brunell threw an interception and that one also resulted in defensive TD. (The TD was called back due to a PI. The PI could have been overlooked. Not because it wasn't pass interference, but because DB's get away with a tug on the jersey too often. The PI was also called because it was a make-good for not calling the clothesline on Ramsey.) Our defense is outstanding, so we shouldn't be afraid to take chances on offense.

We're not putting Ramsey in because what we have seen in the past. Steve Spurrier's system didn't work for Ramsey because he wasn't given Ramsey any protection (Even though Ramsey did have the top qb rating for 3 weeks). Gibbs system can work for Ramsey because Gibbs is about giving the qb ample protection. So Ramsey failed under the Spurrier system, now give him a chance under the Gibbs system.

When Ramsey finally came in to start last season, he went up against some of the toughest teams. He nearly beat Philly, but over threw Coles in the endzone for the 2 pt conversion.

If we would've scored 21-24 pts in most of our games, we would've had a winning season and been in the playoffs. But we couldn't get the pts because Brunell couldn't throw the long ball. If he could have thrown long, it would have backed other team's defenses off, and Portis would have had more room to run. Other teams would have to respect the run game as well as the pass game.

So now here we are back where we started, same situation. Asking the same question we asked at the start of the season last year. Is Brunell our qp? Can he get the job done? This season might be deja vu. We're asking these questions again because of what we saw in the preason? I'm not saying the preason don't mean anything, but come on it's the preason! Focus on what happens in regular season games. Ramsey threw for 105 yards, whereas Brunell threw for 70.

Last week, any qp in our lineup would have won that game, even JC. I really believe our offense did not win that game. It was our defense and kicker:D . We can't expect our defense to continue to win the games for us. Defenses get tired, they eventually ware down. It was proven last year when we were leading the dallas game (dallas doesn't deserve a capital 'd'), only by a few points. We sat on the lead, relied on our defense, and dallas came back in beat us with under 3 minutes to go.

Unless you guys like saying, "There's always next year." I suggest we not let history repeat itself, and take Brunell out, while it's still early in the season.

Brunell! Once again I'm going to root for you, only because your the redskins qb, so please, please beat dallas!

Gibbs! If we lose, and it's clearly Brunell's fault, please, please replace him with Ramsey!

Archived