Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Bars in Tampa Area

Mattskins83

I dont know if this has been posted or not, but i was just curious if anyone from the Tampa area knows of any Skins bars around here. Im from Clearwater, so somewhere closer to there if possible. Thanks :eaglesuck

Champions Sports Bar/Restaurant inside the Airport Marriot on Westshore Blvd. in Tampa has an entire section of their facility reserved each Sunday for Redskin fans. They've been doing that for seven or eight years now. At the beginning of the year, where hope springs eternal, we'll have in excess of 50 people there. By late November, there are probably 15 of us left.

It's not far from either the Courtney Campbell or Franklin causways, so it should be an easy trip in from Clearwater.

Champions Sports Bar/Restaurant inside the Airport Marriot on Westshore Blvd. in Tampa has an entire section of their facility reserved each Sunday for Redskin fans. They've been doing that for seven or eight years now. At the beginning of the year, where hope springs eternal, we'll have in excess of 50 people there. By late November, there are probably 15 of us left.

It's not far from either the Courtney Campbell or Franklin causways, so it should be an easy trip in from Clearwater.

I know that use to be a Skins bar...but is it still? I went there for the Monday night game against Dallas last year, and there was one Skins fan there besides us. The rest were Dallas fans. :mad: I was like...what the hell is this?!

I know that use to be a Skins bar...but is it still? I went there for the Monday night game against Dallas last year, and there was one Skins fan there besides us. The rest were Dallas fans. :mad: I was like...what the hell is this?!

Yes, it's still definitely a Redskins bar.

The primary reason that there weren't any Skins' fans at that bar for the MNF game was because unlike Dallas fans, we have the sense not to go out during a hurricane (as I recall hurricane #3 [of 4 in 2004] was blowing through that day).

Kidding aside, it's been my experience that all the Skins fans show up for the Sunday games, but no one bothers with MNF because it's nationally televised.

Archived