Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stability

PREDICTOR

Don't be distracted. Don't let this thread become a topic for this team will succeed because they have this player or that player. Thats was the whole point of this thread. Its really about stability.

Yes the Eagles have been a good team, but my real point is that they may have APPEARED better than they are.How good do they have to be in a division filled with utter chaos? And chaos is something that has been in absolute control within this division over 5 years. Can anyone disagree with that.

Because this is the first year the other teams all have that continuity, then if you believe the Eagles are good because of this player or that player...well...we shall see. They won without T.O. and won WITH T.O. They won with Hugh Douglas and they won without Hugh Douglas. They won with Jerimiah Trotter and they won without Trotter. Players come and go. Pro bowl players come and go. But the system, the coaches,, the philosophy, and the unity have remained, while the Skins have had none of that, including last season.

Now that Coles is gone....Gardner is gone...the dissidents are gone...now that the same system, the same philosophy, and same coaches are all returning, the Redskins are a better football organization and a better TEAM. The same for the Giants and in some respects the same for the Cowboys...although I think it hurts them that everybody thinks Parcells is gone if he doesn't win this year.

But the Eagles? Forget T.O. or Trotter or special players or pro bowlers....its all about having the same system and same philosphy over and over. Stability is the name of the game.

You have to wonder about the outcome now that the other teams have discovered it.

Speaking of stability, it makes me smile that the Cowboys are switching to the 3-4 and the Giants have zero experience at quarterback along with the worst coach in the division. So while you say all these teams have learned 'stability', I'm not so sure anyone but the Redskins and Eagles can actually boast it.

Archived