Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Space Shuttle ...NEW Direction ?

Sknzfan

Is it time for the private Sector to take on this project ?

I know it cost's SOOOOO much for the People to Support this aspect of space travel. I know their are some people working on this as we speak. They could be financed by Satellite Placement and Defense Measures....

Anyone else see us heading in this direction Soon ...Very soon ?

Just wondering.

BTW, Congrat's to NASA for A Successful Mission !!!:point2sky

I think the private section contributes mass amounts of technology and design to this project.

But, what we have is a Gov't program where the contract goes to the bidder who can do it for the cheapest (Unless you're Haliburton ;) )

I think that those folks at NASA come up with some crazy cool stuff that can and eventually IS mixed into mainstream technology. Why shouldn't they profit from that?

If NASA develops a new microwave that cooks your food twice as fast, but doesn't burn anything. Why shouldn't they get a patent and be able to take those funds and apply them within their own agency?

Can't shortchange the program. We're explorers (Humans), its what we do.

Space and the Extreme Deep Sea are next.

Originally posted by Bufford

I think the private section contributes mass amounts of technology and design to this project.

But, what we have is a Gov't program where the contract goes to the bidder who can do it for the cheapest (Unless you're Haliburton ;) )

I think that those folks at NASA come up with some crazy cool stuff that can and eventually IS mixed into mainstream technology. Why shouldn't they profit from that?

If NASA develops a new microwave that cooks your food twice as fast, but doesn't burn anything. Why shouldn't they get a patent and be able to take those funds and apply them within their own agency?

Can't shortchange the program. We're explorers (Humans), its what we do.

Space and the Extreme Deep Sea are next.

I AGREE !!! I think NASA has done a Tremendous job....I ALSO think it can be done Cheaper by the Private Investor Who may not have so much Scrutiny...?

Thanx

Archived