Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Second Giants Game Last Year

gortiz

I don't know about you all, but I had such a feeling of impending doom last year before that game.

I just knew, deep down in my bones that this team would not win. Going to Meadownlands, playing the Giants, the second of four Win or Go Home games. They proved me sooooo wrong, but again, I kind feel like that now. I just don't see the Skins matching the Ravens intensity and propensity for the big play.

I'm seeing a low scoring affair that will be blown wide open by a Samari Rolle INT return type of play a few years ago or the crazy Mack Strong 30 yard run in the playoffs in 2005 that broke our backs.

I tried finding some threads from right before that Giants game, how can I do that? The game was Dec 16.

I know crappy thread :doh:, I'm usually more optimistic about our team, but damn its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

:logo:

Anyways, anybody else just got a dreadful feeling that the skins really got no chance? I'm not as afraid of the Ravens as I am the Skins beating themselves by leaving stuff on the table in the way of big plays and stupid mistakes.

Yea that was the exact way I felt for that Giants game.

I dont see how anyone can be super confident about beating the Ravens in Baltimore this weekend but like Dick Edds Ill be cheering my ass off. Although I just cant see us losing to a rookie QB. HAIL!!!!

my inner-homer is hurting man. I just cna't dig up a reason to feel optimistic.

Thinking about last years giants game won't even work because before going into that game this team was at least scoring 20+ poitns a game or pretty damn close to it. Plus we were coming off a super emotional win against the Bears ...

man, this is a depressing thread huh?

I felt the same way last year and was pleasantly surprised. However, going into that game last year we did something that changed the course of the team by putting in a QB who allowed us to open up the offense a bit more. Obviously I'm not saying Collins is a better QB than Campbell, but he was a better fit at that particular time and it sparked us. There's really nothing we can do now that can positively change our situation, so it's looking like it could be more of the same.

I felt the same way last year and was pleasantly surprised. However, going into that game last year we did something that changed the course of the team by putting in a QB who allowed us to open up the offense a bit more. Obviously I'm not saying Collins is a better QB than Campbell, but he was a better fit at that particular time and it sparked us. There's really nothing we can do now that can positively change our situation, so it's looking like it could be more of the same.

Yeah, I'm a big JC fan, but there is no denying the offense did show more life under TC.

Hell, maybe we can pull this out.

But, for the first time this season I feel rotten about going into a game. Didn't feel like this even in the first Dallas game this year.

Man, I feel like I'm walking the green mile here.

Heading into that game, I was completely convinced that my man TC would continue to do his best impression of Peyton Manning and that our defense would continue to play way above its pottential. Save for a bit of early trouble with the wind, they proved me right and I didn't look back.

A year later, I'm just taking the games as they come with no expectations. That attitude has served me well all year. We have another new system and we are struggling so Campbell probably won't be like Todd Collins running the unrestricted Saunders offense. That said, I still think we can win out. if we don't well, there's something about Zorn that makes me just shrug off any early struggles with confidence that it all works out long term.

Archived