Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keys to the game

Playmaker89

Bottom line is we cannot let the Eagles hang around late. We need to come out early and punch them in the mouth with an early touchdown and a lock down defense. If we do that, the boo birds will be out in Philly and the Eagles will be done before the opening quarter is over. But, if we come out and let them hang around the whole game, the Eagles will gain confidence and believe they can win the game in the 4th quarter to play spoiler. The crowd will get into it and the Eagles will be fired up. That will make the game a lot closer than it should be.

We need to set the tone with our defense and be balanced on offense as we have the last two weeks. Establish a strong running game with Portis and Betts to take pressure off of Brunell. We should dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Daniels needs to keep his play at the high level that got him 5 sacks in the last two games as opposed to the first 13 games where he only had two sacks. If we get to McMahon early, his confidence will be shaken and will be running for his life all day.

I have plenty of confidence in our D and doubt the Eagles put up more than 10 points against us. Our offense just needs to keep it up and put the game away early. Portis runs for at least 125 and a TD in a statement game letting the doubters know we have a legitament shot to beat any team in the league.

Prediction: Redskins 24 Eagles 10

Just Play Redskins Football and DESTROY THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ONCE AND FOR ALL. Offensively, play smart, execute, and not turn the ball over on offense. Defensively, put pressure on Mike McMahon and ring his clock as many times as you can, limit Ryan Moats to little or no yards at all, do not let their receivers like Reggie Brown catch the ball to make big plays, and definitely force turnovers on defense to shorten field position for the offense to score touchdowns.

first....Mods, can we make this like, an example for first time posters?

second....very true, we need to hit them and hit them hard, we play like we have these last 2 weeks and i think we have this. the important thing in this game is to control the clolck and destory the d-line, portis portis PORTIS, and when they've had enough of portis, run it again. If we can jump out, i dont think the Eagles have the ability to mount a substantial comeback, but this game needs to be NFC East of old right here, on the ground, ball control, defense hit them in the mouth....if we win control the clock we will win this game

I'd like to see Royal involved in this game (and Sellers too even in non-goalline situations). After last week, they'll be keying in on Moss, and they know all about Cooley and Portis. Royal generally seems open in the 6 - 10 yard routes, and assuming he catches the ball he's shown that he can lower his head and get some extra yards. Some guys are getting national coverage, but we know we've got a bunch more who would absolutely bust Philly's chops if they pay too much attention to the stars.

I cringe on every kickoff ... the coverage isn't great, but when returns start routinely beyond the 10 (with little hang-time), it's hard to hold returns inside the 30. Hopefully that'll start to improve, whether or not we get in the playoffs.

Archived