Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter Jackson says The Hobbit at Least 3 Years Away

steveo21

The Hobbit at Least 3 Years Away

Source: ComingSoon!

Director Peter Jackson says it will be at least three years before production may start on "The Lord of the Rings" prequel, The Hobbit, says the AAP.

"Three or four years would be accurate, I would say," Jackson said about the possible film.

Jackson this weekend took a break from his busy schedule filming King Kong in Auckland, stopping by Sydney's Powerhouse Museum to check out the "Lord of the Rings" exhibition.

The rights to J.R.R. Tolkien's novel, "The Hobbit," are split between MGM and New Line Cinema. Jackson said he was keen to return to Middle Earth but that MGM's sale to a consortium led by Sony made the project's future unclear.

"I think there is probably a will and a desire to try and get it made," he added. "But I think it's gonna be a lot of lawyers sitting in a room trying to thrash out a deal before it will ever happen."

Matt Damon on The Bourne Ultimatum

Source: ComingSoon!

Empire Online talked to Matt Damon at the 2005 Empire Awards and he gave an update on the third film in the Bourne franchise, The Bourne Ultimatum.

"We'll probably do that in about a year and a half," he says. "We're all signed on in principle, in the sense that we've all agreed that we want to do it, but we're not going to do it unless we have a great script. It's ours to lose at the minute, and if we do make a third one, we want to make it as good as the first two. And if we can't do that, then we're going to have to let it drop."

The original Robert Ludlum novel "The Bourne Ultimatum" saw Bourne finally face off against his long-time nemesis, Carlos the Jackal - a character excised from Doug Liman's The Bourne Identity and therefore unavailable for the third film. "Yeah, all that stuff with Carlos being actually caught. It's kind of a Cold War story. We're essentially retaining the title, so it's going to be called 'The Bourne Ultimatum'. But we don't know at this point what the hell that means! So if you have any ideas for a script, then please..."

TRANSFORMERS Gets Writers

Source: Cinescape

DreamWorks & Paramount have hired Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to write the live-action adaptation of "The Transformers." The script will be based on a story by Tom DeSanto.

Steven Spielberg will be executive producing the film which centers on two groups of robots, one led by Optimus Prime, who believes in tolerance and the sanctity of life, and the other by Megatron, who espouses survival of the fittest and the extermination of biological life.

From comingsoon.net:

An International Treasure?

Source: CHUD March 16, 2005

The $100 million budgeted National Treasure took in $318 million at the worldwide box office, so it's no surprise that Walt Disney Pictures is looking forward to a sequel.

The film's director, Jon Turteltaub, talked to CRIonline.com and mentioned that the sequel should be filmed in a romantic and mystical country, and China is on the top of his list.

Turteltaub says he is now seeking a screenwriter to develop a script for the second installment.

The action-adventure stars Nicolas Cage, Sean Bean, Diane Kruger, Justin Bartha, Jon Voight and Christopher Plummer. It will be available on DVD May 3rd

Originally posted by steveo56

TRANSFORMERS Gets Writers

Source: Cinescape

DreamWorks & Paramount have hired Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to write the live-action adaptation of "The Transformers." The script will be based on a story by Tom DeSanto.

Steven Spielberg will be executive producing the film which centers on two groups of robots, one led by Optimus Prime, who believes in tolerance and the sanctity of life, and the other by Megatron, who espouses survival of the fittest and the extermination of biological life.

Already posted in the transformers thread....

dam all my transformer toys are gone, as were all my star wars :(

When I have kids in the future I am just going to let them look at the toys in the original boxes, so we can sell them later :laugh: :laugh:

I liked both of the Jason Borne films so far, very nice.

Originally posted by jbooma

When I have kids in the future I am just going to let them look at the toys in the original boxes, so we can sell them later :laugh: :laugh:

Man, you must want your kids to end up in therapy huh?

:laugh:

Archived