Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redzone.org - Ravens' Tom Zbikowski wins by technical knockout in first round

c4man5282

click link for the full blog post.....

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/16575/Ravens--Tom-Zbikowski-wins-by-technical-knockout-in-first-round/Default.aspx

Zbikowski is 4-0 with three knockouts.

According to the Daily Oklahoman, the fight was stopped without a count when Zbikowski hammered Warner with a right uppercut.

"This was my best win since coming back from a five-year layoff," Zbikowski told Oklahoma reporters. "I felt composed and relaxed out there."I'm a body puncher, and he was really leaning back in his stance, which was making it tough to get a clean shot. ..

"I had to get him leaning forward and the body shots did that. That was my cleanest knockout yet. It was a quick uppercut. I'm actually excited to see the replay myself."

I love Tommy Z.... but his opponent here was 33 years old... hadnt boxed in 8 months, and now has a professional record of 1-3.

Would like to see him knock out better competition-- or if he's going to continue fighting guys who should be amateurs, at least do it every weekend like my grandfather did for nearly 20 years.

Archived