Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MileHighReport.com Alphonso Smith (CB) for 5th

Johns Bass

This is a young guy with a lot of upside. Had 3 PD's in 14 games plus he can return punts. They only want a 5th here and our CB's are thin without a lot of solid youth coming in. Denver took him in the 2nd in 2009 and they have a pile of DB's but they have no RB's with White is gone for the season. Maybe he was not much of an RB but he was still on their roster till he got IR'ed

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/9/3/1668560/broncos-shopping-alphonso-smith

If GB and the Vikes are interested maybe he does not totally suck

They gave up a 2010 first rounder to take this kid. I think that turned out to be a top 15 pick in the end.

And we think we've wasted draft picks.

But...they are

A> Only looking for a 5th

or

B> Bronc's are in desperate need of an RB, which the Skins will be cutting a ton of anyway. Do not forget - Denver signed White (Now IR'd for the year) so they are really, really desperate for a back. Even if it is only for 4 to 6 weeks.

And

C>Our CB's are not, as a group, too good. Skins #2 DB still cannot catch; they do not have a nickel that can catch OR tackle.

Or, wait and see how he does in Minn or GB which is where he will probably wind up anyway.

Our CB's are not, as a group, too good. Skins #2 DB still cannot catch; they do not have a nickel that can catch OR tackle.

I'd be suprised if we looked to pick up a CB. Haslett seems to like what we have. Per RI,

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

"We've got a tough decision. We've got some good corners," Haslett said. "Depending on how many we're going to keep ... I like all those guys. It's a good batch. ... We've got some tough decision to make."

Archived