Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colorado Springs

kingchente

I was wondering if anyone lives in or has been to Colorado Springs, CO. I am about 90% sure I'm going to be moving out there later this year and was looking for other peoples opinions on the city. I plan on attending University of Colorado - Colorado Springs after establishing residency there so any info on the university would help as well. I'm just trying to get an idea of what the area is like. What areas would be good to live in. What kind of things there are to do there, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I've spent a lot of time there as my father is from Colorado Springs, but he went to the Univ. of Colorado at Boulder. All I can say is that it's a great town, great people. Not much of a nightlife, but it's an overall great place to live, if you like cold weather that is. Summer is perfect as it's usual warm in the day, nice and cool in the evenings. Always have the best sleep of my life when I'm there. I've always thought it was the altitude compared to Washington, DC.

If you have any specific questions let me know...

It's a great place if you like a medium size city. Denver has LOTS going on. There's a really good outdoor quality to life there. The old town area has some cool small art shops and restaurants. There's a really neat one where a guy built a small miniture city and you walk around like a voyer looking into windows, if it's still there. Also several small gambling towns close by. Cripple Creek comes to mind. Then there's the sand dunes, I guess people use snowboards on them like a ski run. Also lots of places further north like Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Forest.

Worst of all TONS of bronco fans.

Also visit Wyoming. It's a great place and close by.

Towns are far apart and you can go fast on the Interstate.

Archived