Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: San Fran OKs ID card for immigrants

Teller

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071129/ap_on_re_us/immigrants_id_cards

The IDs would not enable cardholders to drive in San Francisco' date=' and they would not stand in for a work visa or Social Security number for those seeking employment. But the IDs would qualify them for health services at city-run clinics, public library privileges and resident discounts at museums and other cultural institutions, according to Mayor Gavin Newsom.[/quote']

Sure am glad I'm not a San Francisco tax payer.

Oh, and I'm sure leaving the word "illegal" out of the title was just a simple oversight, and not more slanted reporting, right? :rolleyes:

I'm just anxious to see what the new PC word for illegal will be once these cards are issued. Afterall, the cards will "document" their presence in the United States, rendering leads like these false:

SAN FRANCISCO - The mayor signed legislation Wednesday requiring the city to issue identification cards to undocumented immigrants and other residents who can't or won't apply for driver's licenses.

I'm glad I can argue my side of the issue without having to use words dishonestly, or leave things out to try to change the truth.

Archived