Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is credit due to Coach Gibbs and this staff?

skinfansince63

First of all, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!! Crush the “Kitty Cats” into dog food! As you can see by my number of posts verses the amount of time I have been a member of this board I do not post very often. I have researched this and have not found this subject talked about from this angle.

I have read how the game has pass Coach Gibbs by and how the coaching staff does not know what they are doing. I would like to know if anyone has noticed what happens to a team that loses KEY players on say the offensive line and injuries to running backs and wide receivers.

Look what happened to the Eagles last week. Do you really think that the Giants defense is that good? Or was it the fact that the Eagles lost a KEY offensive lineman (ONE LINEMAN) and Westbrook was on the sidelines at the same time?

Ladies and gentlemen the Redskins lost three (THREE!!!) very good offensive linemen, starting with Dockery, then Jansen and Thomas. However it has been kind of a non-issue because the coaching staff, front office and Coach Gibbs had lineman as backups that have played well and still have protected Campbell.

I have read here, “Trade Portis we have Betts” or “Trade Betts we have Portis” but the coaching staff said no we will keep both, seems to be working out at this point. Now some here are questioning “Why bring in McCardell?” Gibbs was asked that exact question. He stated that when you have an opportunity to bring in someone that can help your team when someone gets nicked up (Moss) you do it.

You know I ware the burgundy colored glasses!! I drink the cool aid!! I am a DIE HARD, BLEED BURGUNDY AND GOLD REDSKIN FAN, but I also can see that the coaching staff and Coach Gibbs have been making the right moves to keep this team completive!

If you do not think that is the case, watch what is going to happen to the Buccaneers now that they lost the starting running back and offense tackle (ONE LINEMAN!!!). Watch how the Eagles will struggle without the starting tackle and as long as Westbrook is out. We lost three (THREE!!!!) offensive lineman, and Portis is not 100%, but Jason is still upright!!!!! Are Fabini, Wade and Kendall as good as Dockery, Thomas and Jansen? It still remains to be seen, while they are backups for a reason , I do believe with all the Burgundy and gold blood that flows through this old faithful body that this coaching staff, front office and Coach Gibbs have made the right moves during the off season to still keep the Redskins completive when unforeseen injuries happen.

I for one do not believe from what I have read on this board that they get the credit they deserve.

Just one man’s opinion! :2cents:

HTTR!!!!!! VICTORY!!!!!! BRAVES ON THE WARPATH!!! FIGHT FOR OLD DC!!!!!!!

Doc was a loss due to not re-signing so he should not be compared to injury losses.. I do not blame the player in this case and the money he got was far more than any other team including this organization was willing to spend. However, we got real lucky and fortunate with a disgruntled veteran to replace him. That was a hole that should have been filled prior to pre-season and once again shows why we need a GM. Of all the coaches right now Bugel is the one earning his paycheck . He has done an awesome job with the line following the injuries to Jansen and Thomas.

I am simply not a person who blindly follows or accepts anything without doing my own analysis of the facts to form my own opinion. I attended many games with my father at RFK and remember the glory years like they were yesterday but all the past provides is a memory.

Until, the head coach I remember grows a pair and mixes in a game plan that attacks the weakness of a defense I simply can provide any credit in his direction. :2cents:

Archived