Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adding Champions to the Roster

jmcardle1982

Don't we have a great front office and coaching staff!!!

I love the fact that we are adding guys that have championships in the past. Guys that understand what it takes to win and are willing to sacrifice for the team.

Last year we brought in Patten. I know that he didn't produce that much on the field but his leadership in the locker room is invaluable.

Now we bring in guys like Archuleta (NFC champion) and Fauria.

I heard Fauria on Siruis sat. radio the other day and he is exactly the type of guy that you would want on a team. He doesn't care whether he starts, where he plays, as long as that helps the team.

I know that it is too early to say this and maybe I am just getting my hopes up but I think our team looks and sounds similiar to those Patriots that have been getting it done in the recent past.

HTTR

the one big difference is that the Pats were winning with a young qb in Brady who was going to be around awhile whereas the Skins have a limited timeframe to win with Brunell before the transition to Campbell.

Patriots had old man bledsoe...we got old man, but fit and ready to play mark brunell:D They had Tom Brady, we got 1st round draft pick, future super star Jason Campbell.

Don't we have a great front office and coaching staff!!!

I love the fact that we are adding guys that have championships in the past. Guys that understand what it takes to win and are willing to sacrifice for the team.

Last year we brought in Patten. I know that he didn't produce that much on the field but his leadership in the locker room is invaluable.

Now we bring in guys like Archuleta (NFC champion) and Fauria.

I heard Fauria on Siruis sat. radio the other day and he is exactly the type of guy that you would want on a team. He doesn't care whether he starts, where he plays, as long as that helps the team.

I know that it is too early to say this and maybe I am just getting my hopes up but I think our team looks and sounds similiar to those Patriots that have been getting it done in the recent past.

HTTR

You heard Christian on Sirius Satellite Radio? :)

He's a great guy and terrifically valuable for any team.

CarrollsMine99.

Yes, Champions are important. That's true. Only the most extraordinary among us can believe in remote possibilities. The ordinary need to see to believe.

When we first meet the Champion we think, "Maybe they'll share "the secret" with us." But, when Champions run the field with us, when they go to battle beside us, when we see them at their best, and at their worst, we begin to believe. When we see them sell themselves, body and soul, for something greater than themselves, we forget about finding "the secret." We take up arms and fight along side them, hoping only to make a good showing, and to do what we hope is possible.

Only when the battle is over do we KNOW what was possible. Whether our belief was well founded. Whether there will be new Champions around to pass along "the secret."

HTTR.

Archived