Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Musgrave = Big Committment to Ramsey?

Dead Money

It figures, I pay no attention to the NFL for 1 day and something good actually happens to the Washington Redskins.

I am very happy to see Gibbs bring someone new into the fold and further proves his willingness to change.

Musgrave has a very good reputatio among QBs and coaches alike for improving the play of his QBs. (it was already too late for brunell) He's got some local ties and he's YOUNG!

But what I really see here is that Gibbs is aware that his QB needs some help and he went right out and got it for him. This, IMHO is an endorsement that Ramsey is going to be the man (no matter what was said in December 04) and that Gibbs is trying to get everything he can out of his QB.

Not to mention he's got an OC to use in the offseason to help with the overhaul of the offense.

I'm sure that Jack Burns is a good coach but I think that todays QBs need to relate very well to their respective position coaches and I think this is HUGE for Ramsey.

I don't think so I think its more coincindence than anything else, Musgraves got connetions with some others on the coaching staff including but not limited to Bugel. I think just as Williams taking a demotion let him be what he is REALLY good at, Musgrave has the opportunity to get back to what he is REALLY good at. At 37 years old he could become a real great OC after working with Gibbs for a few years!!

Well, we will need a OC in a few years when Gibbs moves up stairs and GW takes over the reigns. I know this is wild speculation, but I believe Gibbs is trying to build an organization that will be successfull after he leaves. He's trying to set up and leave a legacy. To do this, he will need to get coaches on board now that he wants to be here when he steps up or out.

Originally posted by stevenaa

Well, we will need a OC in a few years when Gibbs moves up stairs and GW takes over the reigns. I know this is wild speculation, but I believe Gibbs is trying to build an organization that will be successfull after he leaves. He's trying to set up and leave a legacy. To do this, he will need to get coaches on board now that he wants to be here when he steps up or out.

Thats what I gathered from the whole situation.

Archived