Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With TO an Eagle, who will have the better offense in the '04-'05 campaign?

MikeB

Comparisons at this stage are really tough. What we do know is that the iggles have added a big time player (it doesn't matter if he's the 3rd best receiver or the 6th best receiver) at the position of their greatest need. But they also lost a VERY tough rb Duce. Also, from what I've read, AJ Feely was really the iggles #2 qb, but they didn't dress him because Detmer is a really good holder. The plan would be for Detmenr to finish out a game and if McNabb was out, Feely would start the next game. Clearly the Skins have a better situation overall at qb than the iggles.

Portis also has a huge advantage over the two the iggles have - even though Westbrook is a nice player for their roster.

Coles put up great numbers in a college offense with a broken toe for at least half the season. He has heart, courage, will go over the middle, and comes to play every down. He doesn't have the size of TO - but the intangibles make him a player I'd rather have on my roster than TO.

As far as game planning and play calling. Come on, that's no contest - Reid has never shown himself to be a clever offensive mind. The iggles won alot of games on defense and incredibly clutch last quarter action by special teams and individual effort by McNabb. I didn't see all the iggles games last year, but it seemed that their defense and special teams kept them in games and that their offense consistently had problems moving the ball until some big plays at the end.

In the end a comparison is tough because the iggles are just tinkering and the Skins are bringing in an entirely new system and alot of new players. This much I do know - the Skins will improve much more from last year to this one more than the iggles will.

Originally posted by wskin44

Mike;

Since you are assuming that Brunell will be the Skins QB before training camp even opens I'm going to assume that the rest of this post isn't worth reading.

Don't be an idiot. It was either Brunell or Ramsey. Had I said Ramsey another dolt like yourself would be sreaming the opposite.

Obviously 50 post justifies the fact that this was an intriguing post... like it or not.:whippin:

Archived