Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs, Harris and Rogers all probable for Sunday

carter23

sorry if this was posted already

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=13577

As of Wednesday afternoon, the Redskins' injury situation appeared to be not as serious as it did earlier in the week. Cornerbacks Shawn Springs, Carlos Rogers and Walt Harris are all listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, as is left tackle Chris Samuels.

Springs, Rogers and Harris sat out Wednesday's practice, however. Springs has back and groin injuries, Rogers has a biceps injury and Harris has a calf injury.

"We have a number of guys who missed practice," head coach Joe Gibbs said. "We'll see later this week if we can get some of them back."

Also, safety Matt Bowen has a knee injury and did not practice. He is listed as probable.

Even though the injury news isn't quite as serious, Gibbs said it was a bad time to have the top three cornerbacks missing practice due to injury. Dallas is coming off a game in which quarterback Drew Bledsoe passed for 332 yards and three touchdowns against the Kansas City Chiefs.

"Their quarterback is a veteran guy who knows where to go with the ball," Gibbs said. "You don't like the injuries to happen, but it has, so you just have to deal with it."

Samuels, who also sat out practice, sustained a knee injury in last Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals. He was optimistic that he would be available to play versus the Cowboys.

Linebacker LaVar Arrington and wide receiver James Thrash returned to practice on Wednesday.

Arrington missed last week's game against the Cardinals due to a thigh injury.

Joe Salave'a, Cedric Killings and Cornelius Griffin were left off the team's injury report for the first time in weeks. Salave'a (foot injury) and Killings (groin) sat out the Arizona game, but returned to practice on Wednesday and are expected to be available for Dallas.

"LaVar and Joe Salave'a did quite a bit at practice," Gibbs said. "James Thrash also took quite a bit of work."

The Post, of course, had to add their slant to the story. :doh:

The Washington Redskins were without their top three cornerbacks and a handful of regulars for yesterday's practice, but listed all injured players as probable for Sunday's game against Dallas. Given the importance of the last three regular season games, it is not uncommon for clubs to be optimistic with their injury reports, and several players who did not practice were not listed at all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/14/AR2005121402169.html

Rather than being "optimistic", these players might really be...probable!

The game is too important. If people can play , they will play. Everyone seems highly motivated, just like Gibb's teams in Decembers past.

Bowen's injury is too bad, but he was only a minor contributor at this point. He never came back from that ACL tear in the Baltimore game. He used to lay some amazing hits. My guess is he will not be here next year. He was one of my favorite players to watch.

All these guys will battle through. I'll be there freezing my A off cheering them on. I'd certainly rather have Prioleau than Ryan Clark at SS. Clark played like crap last week. Go Redskins!!!! :dallasuck

It is great news IF they play.

I was listening to Bram last night, and he said Gibbs is playing the same game Parcells plays, whereas you list everyone as probable, even if you don't expect them to play.

Parcells only listed one person on his injury report, but Bram said it would be impossible for only one guy to be injured this time of year.

I hope they play, but I won't be surprised if they don't.

:dallasuck

Brunell threw for 331 yards against KC's secondary...3 touchdowns too...

ding, ding, ding!

and that was @ KC

Greg Wesley and Patrick Surtain are average CBs, who will fall for double moves, and occasionally get picks for ya

that's how KC's secondary has always been reguardless of who lined up back there

Archived