Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Quotes - Mike Shanahan

Mark The Homer

October 5, 2012

Redskins Park

Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan

On if wide receiver Pierre Garçon and tackle Trent Williams will be physically better this week:

“They had a chance to practice this week. Anytime you practice you’re feeling a lot better. By no means are they 100 percent but they are much improved over the last week.”

On if coaches incorporate the weather forecast in their game plan:

“You’re aware of the percentages that both teams have to play. Both teams have to play in the same environment. You talk about it during camp that you’re going to deal with the elements – snow, rain, wind. That’s part of the game and you can’t let it bother you. You have to focus and if you don’t let it bother you then you’ve got an advantage.”

On how you plan for running plays in the rain:

“It all depends on how hard it’s raining. Some quarterbacks can throw with a wet ball. I know Steve Young used to love throwing the ball when it was coming down. It would be a thunderstorm and no problem. I’ve had other quarterbacks that couldn’t even play catch. It all depends on how hard it’s raining. Some people have a little bit harder time in cold weather. Everybody is a little bit different.”

On if he asked quarterback Robert Griffin III what he likes in terms of weather:

“I really haven’t. He’s got big hands, though. I’d be surprised if he can’t throw the ball well if it does rain because I’ve seen him throw in the rain and he throws pretty good.”

On the Redskins’ home record:

“We haven’t been very good. We haven’t been very good on the road as well. Hopefully, we can get over the hump this week and beat a good football team in our backyard. We’ve made some strides, we’re a better football team now than we have been over the last couple years. Hopefully, we can show it this weekend.”

eshead9sjpg.jpg

Archived