Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedExField Tickets - Face Value Guide

Mark The Homer

*** The team has increased prices for the 2013 season. ***

All prices have increased - some have gone up a little, some have gone up quite a bit.  The price zone boundaries for many seating areas have also changed.  What follows is the "face value" as indicated on each ticket.

Non-Premium Original Stadium Seating

Lower Level Mid-Field Sections 101, 121, 122, 142:  $139 plus 10% tax = $152.90 each

Lower Level Sidelines excluding above sections:  $119 plus 10% tax = $130.90 each

Lower Level Endzone & Corners:*  $109 plus 10% tax = $119.90 each

Upper Level Sidelines, Front Corners, Mid Corners, Rows 1-15:  $84 plus 10% tax = $92.40 each

Upper level Sidelines, Rows 16-29:  $69 plus 10% tax = $75.90

Upper Level Endzone & Back Corners:  $69 plus 10% tax = $75.90

*This endzone pricing area includes sections 105, 117, 126, and 138 which had previously been considered as within a sideline zone

Lower Level Partial View Seating (under the Club Level)

Obstructed View:  $34 plus 10% tax = $37.40

Limited View:  $59 plus 10% tax = $64.90

Terrace Seating:  $84 plus 10% tax = $92.40

Standing Room Only

Upper Level Endzone:  $34 plus 10% tax = $37.40

Below is a link to a Stadium Map:

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/stadium-seat-diagram.html

True Cost

All the above prices are "face value" as printed on the tickets. However, please note that the "face value" is not necessarily an accurate assessment of the original cost because these tickets are generally unavailable to purchase as singles from the Redskins. They may only be purchased as a package, except in rare cases. Otherwise the season ticket holder is forced to pay full face value for all ten games, including the two preseason games. The market price for the preseason games is considerably less than the face value -- I'd say roughly one-fifth to one-half is typical. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to assess the true cost of regular game tickets to a season ticket holder as more than the face value because of the dramatically decreased value of the preseason game tickets. In my opinion, the true cost (or cost to a season ticket holder) of a regular season game ticket, in general, is about 10%-20% more than the face value as printed on a regular season game ticket. Obviously, one can make an argument for paying more or less than a 20% hike depending on the game, the opponent, or other circumstances, and that's fine. My point is, in general, a fan shouldn't be afraid to pay a little more than face value for a regular season game ticket, because paying a little extra for a ticket will more accurately reflect its true cost to the original account holder.

ESHEAD9_Sjpg.jpg

Archived