Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recipe for success??

Sherlock Holmes

Ok, i am actaully really excited about this offseason.

1- i really hope campbell is started and he is given this season to learn the nfl, like palmer, eli etc.

2- i hope danny brings in a wr free agent, and i think thats likely. ive heard that randle el, and wayne are possibly available, but who else is there out there??

3- if the above happens then our draft priority should be a big rb, who can play alongside portis (allstott-cadilac type situation), then a kicker.

4- if all of the above happen i would be so happy, and i would prefer it should arrington go, because then maybe a wr free agent could come in!

5- ramsey trade?? mazbe, but our number 2 wr next year shouldnt be a rookie or jacobs-thrash or patten. i think we need a big player, but one with a good attitude. who is a free agent, or even a restricted free agent???

1. I highly doubt that Campbell will be the starter next season. Brunell had his best season of his career this past year. JG will give him every opportunity to retain his starting position.

2. Everyone in the organization knows that the Skins desperately need a 2nd WR. This will be priority #1 in the offseason, IMO (of course I thought that last year too, then when Mike Williams was still available they passed on him).

3. We do NOT need another RB. Nemo will be that big bruising back you are referring to.

I would address the following issues:

1.) I would get a solid FA WR to compliment Moss. Someone who has a history of at least one 1,000+ seasons, and coming off of at least a 700 yard season.

2.) I would get a stud TE with our 2nd round pick which would greatly help our offense. We would have the options of Moss, FA WR, Patten, Stud TE, and Cooley, or even Portis out of the backfield.

3.) I would get one FA G/T that has started before as a back-up and draft two more OL in the draft.

4.) I would try and trade PR for a third rounder and pick up a DE with the pick.

5.) I would sign a pass rushing FA DE to replace Wynn, and cut and resign him for less as a back-up if possible.

6.) I would try and rework LA for much less salary and if not, cut him after June 1st and hope the CBA is extended. I would consider Clemmons at the WLB position or check the FA for either a decent OLB, or possibly a MLB and move Marshall back to the weakside.

7.) I would rework Harris's contract and keep him as the nickel and get one more corner in FA for depth.

8.) Tupa should be O.K. if healthy, and Hall needs to be released only if an accurate deep kicker is available through FA.

9.) Betts might be worth looking into for a trade since he's in his last year and might bring a 3rd rounder and Rock and Nemo could fill in. Rock would be a cheaper signing and is excellent on ST.

Archived