Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something stinks here...Gov't closes Clinton Clemency Probe

The Evil Genius

This act of granting clemency in your last days of office, however ingrained in Presidential history, stinks.

Soemthing needs to change if government truly wants to bring back its disenfranchised.

Gov't Closes Clinton Clemency Probe

Thu Jun 20,10:53 AM ET

The federal government has closed its probe — with no charges filed — into former President Bill Clinton's grants of clemency to four men accused of bilking the government of millions of dollars, authorities said Thursday.

U.S. Attorney James B. Comey said his office's investigation into other pardons that Clinton issued just before leaving office will continue.

Comey's decision to end the investigation of clemency for the men from the Rockland County Hasidic community of New Square takes the spotlight off Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton ( news - web sites), who received overwhelming support from the insular community in her 2000 bid for the Senate.

During the election, she won 1,400 of New Square's 1,412 votes. Two months later, over the objections of prosecutors, President Clinton ( news - web sites) commuted the sentences of four men from the village who had been convicted of stealing from federal anti-poverty programs.

The 1999 convictions that underlie the probe stemmed from the misappropriation of tens of millions of dollars in federal aid intended for housing, education and business. Federal prosecutors said the four men used the money to enrich their community and themselves.

Ya know, I really didn't give a rat's a$$ that Clinton got his knob polished by some fat bimbo, but seeing him pass out secrets to the Chinese and sell pardons to people like Marc Rich who laundered $$$ for drug dealers and terrorists really outrages me. :cuss: :cuss: :stick:

To be balanced, even before 9/11, I was also quite enraged at W. for handing out $100million to the Taliban to thank them for executing their drug dealers. Nothing quite like paying for your own funeral.:cuss: :soapbox: :nono:

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

That slippery little coniving *** manages to get out of another again. Bill Clinton is probably the slickest escape artist ever- which absolutley sickens me especially with the nonsense he did in office. Those 8 years still make me angry.

:cuss:

I am always amazed that the same people bashing Clinton for this stuff have no interest in Bush/Cheany and the meeting with Enron. Partisan politics as usual?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with Clinton's pardons. I'm just amused by the one sided view.

As I recall, Bush Sr. made a few questionable pardons as well.

Every president does that sort of thing, but Clinton just oozed sliminess, so when he did it, it bugged people more. Presidential Pardons really should be a non-issue. If it rankles people so much, change the policy so future Presidents can't issue them.

Otherwise, let it go.

Archived