Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kornheiser:What We've Got Here Is A Failure to Communicate

TK

Originally posted by fansince62

let's see

1) U guys stick together precisely because of the bonding and team culture that others want to happen for the Skins. Right or wrong - it's the same value system in play.

One problem with that is that he's no longer at Miami. They aren't his teammates or brothers-in-arms any longer. He has a whole team of them in Ashburn. Are they not good enough for him? They're the ones paying him, they're the ones he has to play games with and they're the ones to whom he has to explain his current actions. He should be there bonding with his current teammates, not past one.

Regardless, the kid could at least return phone calls from his Coach. That's just a slap in the face to the team and the fans.

Nick

Originally posted by NavyDave

As long as we show backbone and dont redo his contract and he shows up for camp its no big deal

I wonder if he would redo his contract for a lesser amount if he had a off year. He signed it so let him honor it, he has plenty of incentives. Too bad none of the incentives were for returning his coaches phone calls.

I don't care if the coach is Joe Gibbs or Rocket J. Squirrel, when the coach calls you return the calll

Unless your trying to cause an issue you try and keep every issue at the lowest possible point... Keep your laundry in house..

This is not happening here... Sean needs to NOT return Gibbs' phone calls, he should have been calling first...

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

It's not entirely about missing the optional camps. It's about not returning Gibbs's calls.

You just don't do that. You don't do that to the guy who drafted you, a Hall of Fame coach and who put up with your crap your rookie year. Gibbs has shown infinite patience with this kid and he can't pick up a phone and return a call? It's a sign of sheer disrespect, it sends a message to the rest of the players, makes Gibbs look like an idiot coach who doesn't have the respect of his team and shows where his true loyalty lies (The "U").

Ditto. Taylor might as well drive up here and spit in Coach Gibbs' face. I can't BELIEVE the ballz on this kid. It's too bad we are so hard up for his talent because I'd sit him for 4 games on principal alone. I actually hope Joe puts him in his place somehow.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Guys, its not about him being here for an optional training camp. At least he is working out down in Miami, getting in shape....that shows that football IS on his mind and he's preparing.

It's about the blatant disrespect for Gibbs.

And ditto again.

Actually, Spiff- I saw a report on tv not too long ago that said Taylor's not even "working out." He's shown up at the "U" workout camp ONCE. To play halfcourt basketball with some guys.

I guarantee he's drunk-driving around Miami until Skins camp is mandatory.

Originally posted by fansince62

2) There is no business behind all of this! Nope, professional football for guys like Jansen is about the locker room and best buddy hi jinx!....after the threatened hold out for a pay increase is completed, of course. Who the F are these guys kidding? They know the score (they're one injury away and are expendable/replaceable parts) - whether it's Lavar or Jansen, they will make sure their families and futures are attended to FIRST....then comes team and all the really cool stuff that makes Pop Warner football such a culturally enhancing/uplifting experience!

Actually, you're right. There is no business behind the central issue of all this. Sean Taylor returning his coach's phone call has nothing to do with business. It's all about common courtesy, respect and character.

Great Article by Tony K.,

He does a good job addressing alot of the "offseason issues" bothering Redskins fans.

1. Sean Taylor

2. "U" players

3. Drew Rosenhaus

4. Santana Moss

Tony even mentioned the issue with Portis last year (something I had forgotten, since CP seems to be the best "U" guy at being a team player).

Sadly, I agree with Tony-- there aren't very many Cal Ripkens or Darrell Green's in professional sports and I think that this trend will continue.

i would trade him for some picks next year. let someone elseworry about his new contract, i want a team that can win a superbowl, not have a decent start to the season and a couple of highlight hits from one of its safeties, then fold in the last half of the season or the playoffs. real men with character and heart become winners, even if they have less talent, this is football, not ice skating, and heart and guts and attitude triumph over talented a**clowns who don't have the team mentality.

you could put moss, t.o., coles bailey, and taylor on any team in this league and i guarantee they couldn't win a championship. these people are a**clowns and i wouldn't want any of them on my team i don't care what talent they display.

Originally posted by goskins

Tony even mentioned the issue with Portis last year (something I had forgotten, since CP seems to be the best "U" guy at being a team player).

As the fellow who so aggressively defended Miami players at the beginning of this thread pointed out, there are plenty of U of M graduates who are quality, hard-working players.

Originally posted by Chachie

And ditto again.

Actually, Spiff- I saw a report on tv not too long ago that said Taylor's not even "working out." He's shown up at the "U" workout camp ONCE. To play halfcourt basketball with some guys.

I guarantee he's drunk-driving around Miami until Skins camp is mandatory.

I heard that he was working out...perhaps I'm wrong....either way, this kid has half a brain. Just return a call, its a simple concept...

Originally posted by SoCalBronco

another idiot writer who has no knowledge of Miami football. Yes every Hurricane is a loudmouth cancer who stays in Coral Gables for the offseason. Thats why DJ Williams has participated in 100 percent of the Broncos workouts in Dove Valley, Colorado and has never been in the news for something he "said". Thats why Andre Johnson is quietly at work in Houston, Texas everyday.

Why dont you get educated you ignorant fool before speaking about the "U". I am sick and tired of ignorant and idiotic waste of skin reporters talking about Miami football when they dont know jack **** about the program. Sit down and shut up.

You should calm down, if anybody is being ignorant it's you. All Tony K. did was state the truth and it's pretty obvious the truth hurts....

Right on the money, Tony! As always!

Ans Sean, why did you sign the contract last year? Too many players want to sit out for one reason or the other. NFL and PA have to do something about it. I have not heard of any clubs not paying players their salary just because they don't like players performance.

The contracts have to be changed not to allow players to sit out! This is hurting the clubs and most of all us, the fans!

Originally posted by dahurt002

Man I wish sean Taylor would call back COACH Gibbs and show up to OTA's, so everyone can quit whining about Sean Taylor

Basically

Yeah, but just think ... if Taylor WERE to actually show up ... what else would we have to whine about? ;)

:logo:

Archived