Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Snyder & Bisciotti

stburn

Originally posted by zoony

Actually, it seems like I've heard that before about our beloved owner. Seems like Joe Gibbs is the only one I've heard refer to him as 'Dan'. (I think?)

Who knows, it could be true? This is, after all, the same guy who threatened LC with a big screen TV. :laugh:

Why would something like this be out of character for him based on what we know?

One problem...there's a HUGE freakin' difference between threatening to sit a player--and employee--for causing a disturbance and disrupting the team....and insisting that a fellow owner's wife address him as though he was her boss...and in that fellow owner's own home to boot...lol...

The sports media misses NO opportunity to bash Snyder in any way, shape or form they can, even if it means using speculation as fact...if this rumor had ANY truth to it whatsoever, not only would it have been splashed all over every sports mag and newspaper around, it would STILL be mentioned in any and every story concerning the Redskins ("...which would fit in the style of the meddlesome owner Danny Snyder, who even once required a fellow owner's wife to address him as 'Mr. Snyder'...")..

For now, I ain't buyin' it...

I actually heard an abbreviation of this story for the first time a year or two ago on a local station when Biscotti became the principle owner. - When he was asked about it he laughed and said it never happened and went on to say what a class act he is.

Actually, the story is true. I heard this about a year ago. It happened in Severna Park. I know someone who was there. It wasn't an owners party. There were a few owners but mostly business owners. He told them they must address him as Mr. Snyder. They asked him to leave. I didn't know the story got out though.

Originally posted by SkinsNatsFan

If people tell it often enough, fed of course by the rumor trolls, it becomes "true". Especially if it comes back around and they hear it again from someone else. Very sad.

A wise man (Karl Swanson) say:

Rumors become stories before we, as the organization, have ever heard the rumors, then spread and spread and spread and take on a life of their own. Sometimes you wonder whether it’s even worth trying to address them because they are so far gone and have entered into folk lore that they’re just out there.

Originally posted by Art

A wise man (Karl Swanson) say:

quote:

Rumors become stories before we, as the organization, have ever heard the rumors, then spread and spread and spread and take on a life of their own. Sometimes you wonder whether it’s even worth trying to address them because they are so far gone and have entered into folk lore that they’re just out there.

That was a great interview, as was the one with Mr. Cerrato. Excellent insight. People should read them more than once.

And as has also been said many times, in many ways, once the winning starts, most of this nonsense will be pushed to the background.

This rumor could certainly be right up there with the Kevin Costner & Cal Ripken's wife one on the B.S. meter. I was just curious if anyone else had heard this, if it had been corroborated, and if it had been discussed previously.

I just couldn't understand this thread until I found this link. Now it is all clear to me, but doesn't this thread belong in the tailgate section?

http://www.detnews.com/2004/eatsdrinks/0412/20/D10-37017.htm

Biscotti are great for dipping and gift giving

By Judith Harris Solomon / Special to The Detroit News

W. Edwin Smith / The Detroit News

The intensely crunchy Italian cookie is popular during the holidays.

Biscotti are twice-baked Italian cookies made by first baking the dough in a loaf, then slicing the loaf and baking the slices. The result is an intensely crunchy cookie that is long and thick and ideal for dipping in coffee or expresso.

The new-found popularity of biscotti in the United States seems to be directly related to the resurgence of coffee drinking and the proliferation of coffee houses. (After all, doesn't it seem like there is a Starbucks on just about every corner?)

The cookie is a good thing to have on hand during the holidays.

"We put it in Christmas gift baskets," says panelist Chili Joe Wnuk.

"For a holiday brunch, I like to have biscotti right by the coffee," says Jackie Fox. "Then you can hold your guests over until you're ready to serve the food. People want something when they first get there."

David Lawrence thinks biscotti "demands being served with something else. I'd like it dipped in spiced black tea," he says.

Because the cookie is so hard and crunchy, Lesia Golden says "it's perfect to dip in ice cream." Chris McClendon agrees, saying his ice cream flavor of choice would be any kind of chocolate mixed with pistachio nuts.

The panelists also thought biscotti would be delicious crumbled over yogurt, ice cream, pudding or mousse.

We tasted biscotti from six different sources. Some were commercial; the ones from Market Basket of Franklin and Avalon Bakery were freshly made. All had nuts (usually almonds) and many also had dried fruit. The highest rating went to the one made by the Market Basket of Franklin.

Archived