Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For anybody who think Big Daddy was wrong....

REDSKINS STOMP

I don't know that I'd say it's OK to miss these camps because a player for another team got hurt. I can understand Wilk not wanting to wear himself down before the season starts, but I also know there's a new defense to be learned of which he is a critical part. My understanding is that these camps aren't overly tough ... not like training camp, anyway. IMHO his @ss should be there.

Great handle, DeathBy! LOL!

Re Wilkinson: WTF do you think he's doing at home if he's staying in shape? He's working out of course, and that means that he's putting himself at risk. And if he's not working out, we've all seen what happens to out of shape players in terms of frequency of injuries.

Face it, you're never going to be beyond risk as a player. And also remember that these drills and practices are not only non-contact, but are without pads as well. He needs to be there, as much for symbolism and team chemistry as for actual learning.

the 'getting hurt' thing is BS, because we have how many weeks of training camp followed by 5 preseason games?

Wilkinson and the other players can't dodge all exposure until the opener in September.

I think this was just an example of a veteran player being lazy and trying to delay having to get back to work, nothing exceptional :)

Archived