Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honest evaluation of Tim Hasselbeck?

ABQCOWBOY

As a Cowboy fan, we obviously have a need for experience at QB. Basically, Bledsoe is a fence post, Henson is the number 2 guy with all of 18 throws and Romo sits to pee hasn't signed his tender and he's never taken on snap in a real game.

No BS intended here fellas.

Good guy who would make a decent backup. Not a strong-enough arm to be a full-time starter. If you could combine his brain with Ramsey's arm (but with better touch on the shorter passes), you'd have a great QB. The problem is he doesn't have a strong enough arm. That alone will keep him from being a full-time starter.

Nick

Pros: Intelligent player, great attitude, quick learner, seems to make good decisions.

Cons: physical attributes, including arm strength, leave something to be desired.

Outlook: Average #2 QB to solid #3 QB.

Hey Bufford, long time no speak. How goes it?

You may be right. I've read that Henson has really come along way on his motion and, evidently, now knows all the offense. This is from Payton but he has very little practical experience. I think that if it were a situation of a game or two gone with Bledsoe and we were still in the hunt, then your probably correct. If Bledsoe were out for the season, then it might be Henson. At some point, you gotta see what you have with him so I'm not sure what the decision would be there.

Mainly though, I really haven't seen all that much of Hasselbeck. Might be an OK sign if we could get him.

I think by bringing in Bledsoe who should be the starter for the rest of Parcells years in Dallas, was more of a blow against Henson than bringing in Brunell before coaching a game last year.

Nothing against Henson, but I think the Tuna wants nothing to do with him.

I think he showed great poise in the pocket under duress and made good decisions most of the time...has the intangibles that don't show up on stat sheets.

but a pretty weak arm, not what I'd call an athlete. I don't think all tha tmuch starting experience. but would be a good back up/#2 I believe.

Hasselbeck is a viable backup level QB for a team running a complex system that requires a smart QB, but only if the system is designed around the short passing game. He lacks the height to really be a pocket passer and while mobile enough for some designed rolls, he isn't a scrambling QB.

He has VERY limited experience for us and the BEST he looked was initially when he was running SEVEN plays but once teams developed a book on him, they really took everything from him, hence the 0.0 game against you :). Well, that and the weather.

I do not think he'd fit the system you guys seem to run which is a nice mix of intermediate passing.

I thought Tim played pretty well in most of his starts. Remember, he had practically no running game support in the Spurrier offense.

The below-average arm is a major liability. Defenses know they don't have to worry about the deep out, so they can play press coverage and take away the middle of the field. Still, Tim is a great guy to have come in if your starter is injured and can't finish the game.

The short history of Timmy

heroic in losing effort vs miami

just ok vs neworleans

pulled off Spurriers last victory as an NFL coach vs JINTs

Just plain awful vs the stinkin' cowboys

the whole team had given up and was god awful by this point, not really timmys fault vs bears & philly.

The end.

Gibbs said he was super smart.

Hes likeable, a team player.

if he ever gets into a game again, he will again be completely overshadowed by his hot wife.

Archived