Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

barber???? this ought to be interesting!!!

fansince62

recent kffl post reports iggles are going to experiment with using that master tackling machine sean barber as an mlb!!!

Eagles | Team Concerned About LB Depth - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

18:52 PT: Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Rod Dowhower said Wednesday the team is obviously disappointed they were unable to land free agent LB Hardy Nickerson, particularly because he would have added some nice depth to the unit. The team is still concerned with the lack of depth at the position. Dowhower sad LBs Shawn Barber and Carlos Emmons will be working some in the middle as well as Barry Gardner, who figures to be the starter.

Is Barber really that bad that he can't start over an unproven Barry Gardner? I thought he was stellar against the pass, but subpar against the run for us. It averaged out, but I was glad to see us sign Armstead to compensate for our weakness against the run. Barber was more or less a strong safety called a linebacker...not something we needed, especially since we have one of the top secondaries in the league.

For a team that is so shallow at linebacker, you'd think Barber would be able to start over Gardner...guess not.

Now I know that the Eagles are in serious trouble.

They apparently canned Johnson and installed "Star Wars" Rod Dowhower as defensive coordinator to go along with his offensive coordinator duties.

I guess Andy Reid didn't need his help on the offensive side of the ball, but since Dowhower is such a fertile football mind, he had to keep him in some strategic capacity.:laugh:

Interesting, freakin hilarious eagles also had Kalu at the outside linebacker spot where he performed miserably. Eagles defense

is in dire need of a linebacker and a tackle (they are vulnerable to the run) and they need a safety (Blaine Bishop, has his foot injury healed????) but he was a blue light special on the free agent market and the league knows that management is cheap.

The turd birds are nothing to fear, they have no running game

mcnothing does not have quality WR'S. REDSKINS AWESOME DEFENSE SHUTS ANDY REID WEST TOAST OFFENSE DOWN COLD

I don't understand how Eagles fans gloat about how they have the best team in the league, where Barber was their biggest offseason pickup. McNabb is still their only weapon, and with our LB crew he'll be neutralized. Remember how scared he was last year when Lavar was spying him? Now we have 3 linebackers who can do the same, one of which wants to smash his skull. The Eagles suck. They have no running game, plus they have a ridiculously weak receiving corps.

I can't wait for the play when Barber is playing MLB and Davis comes right up the middle and WHAM! 6 points. NO WAY can Barber play MLB, he has the quicks but when it comes to having to shed blocks and take on backs coming striaght at him, he'll lose every time.

If I'm an Eagle fan (I would be an inbred mutant), I would be so PO'ed that my team, possibly on the cusp of the Super Bowl and with loads of cap room, is struggling to find legit starting LBs.

Especially if the team lost a Pro Bowl MLB to a division rival.:D

It is abundantly clear that the Eagle organization, as currently strategically constituted, is not a Super Bowl threat. Maybe Lurie is just waiting for his new stadium to provide a revenue stream. But the damage might already be done by then, with his own players and players around the league.

Which is great for the Redskins.:cool:

Here's the real deal. JJ is still here and thinking up more ways to embarrass your peice o **** offense. Brad Childress - McNabb's QB coach - is taking over as the offensive coordiator.

Barry Gardner will be the first and second down back - with either Barber or Emmons filling in during nickle and dime packages. Barber will be the starting WIL backer.

I hate the loss of Trotter to be honest. He is a great athlete. Not the best MLB in the game, but still very very good. He is an everydown backer, his coverskills are better than avg, and his run skills are fine as long as he doesn't overpursue. If Lewis can keep O-lineman off of him he will he a monster for you guys.

You can say what you want but I still don't see anything scary on your offense except Davis. Let the better team win!:cheers:

Barry Gardner will be the first and second down back - with either Barber or Emmons filling in during nickle and dime packages. Barber will be the starting WIL backer

Thats a nice thought - except that Gardner's major weakness is against the pass...and...considering not all teams wait til 3rd down to pass the ball - what happens then?

IMHO, the Iggles blew it big time by not resigning Trotter. Even if they had locked him into a 1 year deal at 5.5 mil - they would still have almost 4 mil to sign their rookies (although they dont need that much - one of the most misunderstood concepts in football - teh rookie pool and how much cap room is actually needed). But, they made up for it by not signing Nickerson (who isn't much better than Barber/Gardner/Emmons trio).

The question is... are they (the Iggles) saving all that $ under the cap so they can sign McRunnigback to a 100+ mil deal?

I agree we should have kept Trotter. And yes Gardner will be a liability in the pass game on 1st and 2nd, but we did rank No.2 in the league in pass defense last year so thats not my worry. Trotter was not a great coverage backer, just better than anyone expected. Either way I'm more concerned with the run.

, but we did rank No.2 in the league in pass defense last year so thats not my worry.

It was obviously Reid's worry. Taking Lito Shepperd with your top pick was an obvious indicator of the fact that the front office is concerned about depth in the secondary. One or two injuries, and you guys are screwed.

Obviously it would make sense for them to gear for the Rams and the skins since we will attack their 3rd and 4th DBs but their front six will have a heck of a time with S Davis.

What eactly do we have to worry about with the iggles passing game beside McNabb scrambling around and hoping a corner stops covering a receiver or another flea flicker?

This defense will be more disciplined

What eactly do we have to worry about with the iggles passing game beside McNabb scrambling around and hoping a corner stops covering a receiver or another flea flicker?

And we have to worry about?? Shane Matthews! Gimme a break. And it wasn't a flea flicker dumb ****. It was a playaction, fake reverse Touchdown pass and your pineapple eatin Smoot got smoked. Does that guy really think he is gonna be in the probowl?

You should have a decent defense, like us, but I don't see your offense getting on track in time to challenge us.:jerkoff:

Archived