Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Laveraneus Coles..

Coltsfan in VA

Laveranues Coles should teach a class in how to get paid megabucks for nothing. Guest lecturers could include:

Deion Sanders

Mark Carrier

Stanley "The Sherrif" Richard

Mathew Lesko (that guy that does the commercials about the free federal money wearing the Riddler-like dollar sign suit)

Originally posted by chariq

Laveranues Coles should teach a class in how to get paid megabucks for nothing. Guest lecturers could include:

Deion Sanders

Mark Carrier

Stanley "The Sherrif" Richard

Mathew Lesko (that guy that does the commercials about the free federal money wearing the Riddler-like dollar sign suit)

memories of Stanley ****ard makes me nausous.. :puke:

I just wrote a paper on Laveranues Coles for my negotiation class. It is really remarkable what he did, here is a guy who had 5 years left on his contract and absolutely zero leverage and not only was he able to force his way off the team, he managed to make $5 million extra on it and had backloaded money pushed forward into the next three years. He didn't even have veto power on any trade. Amazing

Originally posted by Coltsfan in VA

Did he actually demand to get to get 15 million from the Jets after he got 13 million with the Skins to do nothing but drop balls and be a 5-10 possession receiver.

Basically, Coles came out the winner... and the Jets and Redskins got screwed over.

I cannot believe the Jets caved and gave him the extension.

The Skins took a $9M hit this offseason to get rid of him. The Jets will face a similar hit when they decide to get rid of Coles in 2 years.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Basically, Coles came out the winner... and the Jets and Redskins got screwed over.

I cannot believe the Jets caved and gave him the extension.

The Skins took a $9M hit this offseason to get rid of him. The Jets will face a similar hit when they decide to get rid of Coles in 2 years.

The Jets are only on the hook for $5 mil in signing bonus, so if they decide to get rid of him in two years, it won't be nearly as crippling (basically a $3 mil cap hit)

Originally posted by Snyder Dan

The Jets are only on the hook for $5 mil in signing bonus, so if they decide to get rid of him in two years, it won't be nearly as crippling (basically a $3 mil cap hit)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10480-2005Mar5.html

According to sources, Coles received guarantees of roughly $15 million over the next three seasons in a contract that expires in 2010.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/288893p-247263c.html

The trade became official Wednesday, when Coles passed his physical and signed a new five-year, $25 million contract that includes a $5 million signing bonus.

Originally posted by 36HAMMER

maybe they can go cover each other somewhere else but on my screen. if we play the jets it would be great to see taylor say hello up close and personal.nothing permanent, but, let him know it was wrong.

Wishful thinking on your part, but I don't think Sean Taylor's the one who's going to hold a grudge against LC for being a greedy SOB.

LC injury or not was a producer on the offense. He came to play every game and was a hell of a blocker.

Did the Redskins get screwed ? Obviously. Did the Jets as well? Well what else is new.

He needed a surgery. Refused to get it. The Redskins FO said, thats not good enough.

Regardless of whether he wanted a trade or not the Redskins obviously know his injury is only getting worse and refused to have him take up a roster spot for someone that could continue to produce.

And I liked Mark Carrier. The hits that he was fined for while being a Redskin were questionable at best. The league put a target on his back and he was basically screwed for being an aggressive player. IMO, same thing will happen to the Cowboys Roy Williams this year. We shall see.

Jerry Rice is done. No thanks. And yes he is an ego-maniac. I respect all that he has done over the years at the position but he is not even close to being capable of being a moderate producer at this point. Retire Jerry, do yourself a favor.

first of all, I don't mean to nitpick, we are in agreement that both the Skins and Jets got raked over the Coles. Based on the articles I read on the deal, my understanding of the "new deal" is that it is essentially the same remaining 5 year contract but with the addition of the $5 mil signing bonus and some of the money that was backloaded pushed up. Coles had $21 mil over 5 years left on his deal with the Skins. He essentially got the same deal with an extra $5 mil signing bonus $5 mil in base salary pushed up from the last two years into the first three, but I do not think the $15 mil over the next 3 years is guaranteed. If it is, that is ludicrous and please don't tell my professor

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

Hey now....that crazy guy in the suit helps A TON of people ya know.....

:D..

GET $500 DOLLARS FOR YOU PHONE BILLS!!!!!

:laugh:.....his voice is the best

I have a hardtime listening to any man that looks like the Riddler on crack

Originally posted by chariq

Mathew Lesko (that guy that does the commercials about the free federal money wearing the Riddler-like dollar sign suit) [/b]

Have you seen that guy around town? He rocks those crazy suits when he goes out... I always see him hanging around coffee shops between bethesda and downtown dc...

Honestly though for local celebs, not as cool as the guy that rides around on the motorcycle with his cat.

Archived