Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the NFL Network thinks about Campbell

CHUBAKAH

I have stated several times in the forums that after watching Jason in person over the past few years that I don't think he can be a great nfl QB.

Having said that I do realize my limitations as an armchair QB and that there are a lot of people in the Redskins organization that know a lot more than I do. So maybe he will "go Roth", but man I just think Ramsey has the tools and I want PR to have a "Brees year" or better.

Originally posted by sweet daddy

I have stated several times in the forums that after watching Jason in person over the past few years that I don't think he can be a great nfl QB.

And you a basing this on what, your opinion? What has he done that would give you this opinion if so? So far in my research, I can not find a single thing that would prove that statement? Even in his two years prior to this last undefeated season, his numbers were pretty darn good.

Originally posted by beastman

Hmm...didnt "Roethlisberger" start last season holding a clipboard?

You are correct my good sir. Everyone on this thread that is saying "how is Campbell going to 'go Roethlisberger'" if he's holding a clipboard? Well Big Ben didn't start the regular season at the helm. Tommy Maddox actually started the season and it wasn't until Maddox got hurt in game 2 I believe that Ben got his chance to play. So, Campbell could "go Roethlisberger" if Ramsey gets hurt early like Maddox did. Of course I don't wish injury upon any player and of course not on Ramsey, but that statement is valid. I would like Ramsey to have a Brees type year, but part of me inside wants to see what this kid can do steering the Redskins ship.

Originally posted by FS36

You are correct my good sir. Everyone on this thread that is saying "how is Campbell going to 'go Roethlisberger'" if he's holding a clipboard? Well Big Ben didn't start the regular season at the helm. Tommy Maddox actually started the season and it wasn't until Maddox got hurt in game 2 I believe that Ben got his chance to play. So, Campbell could "go Roethlisberger" if Ramsey gets hurt early like Maddox did. Of course I don't wish injury upon any player and of course not on Ramsey, but that statement is valid. I would like Ramsey to have a Brees type year, but part of me inside wants to see what this kid can do steering the Redskins ship.

Yeah, but the scary part about that was that Roethlisberger was the #3 QB on the Steelers depth chart behind Maddox and Charlie Batch but Batch was already hurt when Maddox went down, or Big Ben wouldn't have gotten in the game.

So if Ramsey goes down, guess who, unless he is already hurt like Batch was last year, is gonna most likely be the #2 QB on our depth chart?

Does the name Mark Brunell ring a bell? :puke:

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

And you a basing this on what, your opinion? What has he done that would give you this opinion if so? So far in my research, I can not find a single thing that would prove that statement? Even in his two years prior to this last undefeated season, his numbers were pretty darn good.

Well I guess on an unproven prospect everything is opinion.

I think if you ask anyone who follows AU football they will tell you that this year JC was a big suprise. He was not looked at as a very good QB prior to this year. Sure he had decent numbers but that doesn't really tell the story of his first few years. He was very indecisive and had a lot of trouble when the game was on the line. A lot of people including myself were shocked and happy about his play this year. No indecisiveness (sp?), good clock management, great throws. Some people believe this was all do to the coaching of AL Borges and he is a system player and thrived in his system. I am more inclined to believe this than he is a QB deserving a 1st round pick and a 3rd and a 4th. And yes this is just my opinion....at this point as JC has yet to step on the field as a pro all you have are opinions as well.

Archived