Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Invite Boobie (Crossley not Miles) to camp!!!

Dead Money

I wonder if this is Boobie Miles from here?

Crossley invited to 'Skins' camp

By STEVE DAY, DAILY SUN

TAMPA - Former South Sumter High School star Clenton "Boobie" Crossley has been invited to the Washington Redskins minicamp this weekend in Ashburn, Va. Crossley's agent, David Canter, had been in negotiations with numerous teams concerning the 5-foot-10, 210-pound fullback.

"My agent has been working hard at it," Crossley said.

Crossley completed his career at the University of South Florida as the school's No. 2 all-time rusher. He finished his career with 1,763 rushing yards on 366 carries and caught 56 passes for 368 yards. He scored 17 touchdowns rushing and four on receptions for the Bulls during his career.

Crossley is not considered by scouts as just a runner, but also is noted for his ability to catch the football and for his blocking.

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs made John Riggins into a household name with his plunges up the middle, a fact that is not lost on Crossley.

"I fit into his system well," Crossley said. "He uses his fullbacks well."

At South Sumter, Crossley ran for 1,353 yards and scored 26 touchdowns on 195 carries as a senior. He also caught 10 passes for 160 yards. On the defensive side of the ball, Crossley recorded 97 tackles and intercepted one for a touchdown as a senior.

During his high school career, Crossley ran for 4,765 yards and 67 touchdowns. He had 388 career tackles, three interceptions, caused 16 fumbles, recovered 11 fumbles and blocked five kicks. He was ranked No. 52 on the 1999 preseason Top 100 high school players in Florida.

South Sumter has one former graduate already toiling in the NFL. Clinton Hart is a member of the San Diego Chargers. Will Crossley be the second?

"If that is what God has in store for me, that is what will happen," Crossley said. "There are a lot of politics in the NFL."

Crossley is determined he will be in the NFL.

"I'm happy to get my foot in the door. If it doesn't happen with Washington, it will happen."

If he isn't in the NFL this fall, Crossley said, "I'll be playing somewhere. It may be in the Canadian Football League."

The three-time high school all-state selection will be leaving for minicamp on Thursday.

Link to Article

Here's another article about another camp invitee...

Maldonado in Washington

By THE JOURNAL NEWS

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: April 27, 2005)

Sammy Maldonado, the former Harrison High running back who finished his college career at Maryland last season and wasn't picked in the NFL draft last weekend, hopes to land a job when he attends the Washington Redskins' mini-camp this weekend.

Dan Weatherell, one of the Mississippi-based agents representing Maldonado, said Washington has invited a handful of undrafted players to try out during its regularly scheduled mini-camp.

The Redskins might decide to sign one or more players from that group and invite them to training camp in July.

The Redskins already have a local product on the team, yesterday signing Fordham defensive lineman Aki Jones to a free-agent contract.

Link to Article

Originally posted by RabidFan

Why haven't we at least extended an invite to Steve Suter? That guy when healthy was a sick return guy

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in suter and maybe brooks (the big OG) from the terps, like they did last year with wilson and williams.

Go terps!

i think CJ Brooks could push for a spot at Guard, he was a well rated guard before the combine as well it seems. I dont know much about Suter though.

However, another FB/RB? Well, we're gonna have huge competition thats for certain.

Archived