Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm so tired of hearing....

convince

I'm so tired of you guys out there saying, to us that beleive our draft was terrible, that were aren't scouts and etc.. you right, we are not scouts. but you don't have to a scout to know that Ronnie Brown will be has the better chance of being a pro than Maurice Claurett. Or the fact that when you give all your confidence in Ramsey, and you have two other quarterbacks signed on the roster you do not select a QB in the first round. And not one that will not pay dividends until a few years down the road, and also giving up a first round pick. That is madness, complete madness. This draft was terrible, but maybe Gibbs is right all we need are two fullbacks to put over the top.

I think a lot of people are tired of hearing people criticize a draft before even one player has even been on the field.

Like I said in an earlier thread, teams like NE try to fill their team with the best 53 players. Maybe that's what the Skins are doing...regardless of position at this point.

Even if it's not, why would you assume that a smart man like Joe Gibbs would draft two FBs for no reason and without any intention of playing them...maybe he's got some wrinkles in mind???

And one more thing, the moves that are usually talked about in the drafts are the ones that nobody noticed when they happened. First-rounders either play well or are busts. The late-round picks that never seem like they'll pan out are the ones that make the headlines when they become successful.

:point2sky

You guys did well with Carlos Rogers, thought he was the best CB in the draft.

After that I haven't a clue what was going through the heads of Gibbs & Snyder. Year after year you keep trading away meaningful draft picks. Philadelphia & Dallas both loaded up again, you have your work cut out for you that's for sure.

Jets in 05' :cheers:

Originally posted by convince

I'm so tired of you guys out there saying, to us that beleive our draft was terrible, that were aren't scouts and etc.. you right, we are not scouts. but you don't have to a scout to know that Ronnie Brown will be has the better chance of being a pro than Maurice Claurett. Or the fact that when you give all your confidence in Ramsey, and you have two other quarterbacks signed on the roster you do not select a QB in the first round. And not one that will not pay dividends until a few years down the road, and also giving up a first round pick. That is madness, complete madness. This draft was terrible, but maybe Gibbs is right all we need are two fullbacks to put over the top.

You can't say the draft was terrible, in maybe 3 years you can, if it really is. Until then, make posts that I can understand.

You dodgin' me, boy?

You can run, but you can't hide. :)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1360448#post1360448

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1360498#post1360498

Tick tock.

Originally posted by coles slaw

After that I haven't a clue what was going through the heads of Gibbs & Snyder. Year after year you keep trading away meaningful draft picks. Philadelphia & Dallas both loaded up again, you have your work cut out for you that's for sure.

What good is loading up with a handful of late-round players who won't even make it past training camp?

Nick

Philadelphia & Dallas both loaded up again, you have your work cut out for you that's for sure.

Good post and I don't mean to pick on your personally but I'm going to use one of your sentences as a reference point.

When people say Philly and Dallas loaded up AGAIN as if it really means anything, it gets under my skin a little bit.

That implies that they separated themselves from the Skins last year and should do so MORE this year. The problem I have with that is that all evidence points to the Skins closing the gap on both those teams from 2003 to 2004. We played both teams tighter than we had the previous year.

So why should we worry so much about who the Cowboys or Eagles drafted in the 5th round if it didn't translate on the field the following year??

convince I really don't mean to be rude, but if you cannot spell, type a sentence, make a point, or even attempt to punctuate correctly then maybe you should not start so many threads.

Seriously... I read your post 5 times and I have no idea what you're trying to say.

You guys did well with Carlos Rogers, thought he was the best CB in the draft.

Jets in 05' :cheers:

It's funny, but, Andy Reid, a guy in position to know, has already said a lot of the guys they picked won't make the roster. There's no room on the roster. Why, then, do some people simply believe having MORE picks is all you need to build? I'd be shocked if more than 6 of the guys the Eagles drafted make their 53-man roster to begin the year.

They knew that going in. Why wouldn't they have packaged up some picks to really target guys they liked, knowing they weren't going to keep all the draft picks is surprising. MORE surprising is people who think teams with lots of picks did well, when, the Eagles and Skins may end up keeping the same number of draft picks when all is said and done.

Umm.... will somebody please translate into English please!!

Originally posted by GIBBS4PREZ

Will everyone please stop comparing us to the Patriots. Thats just b-a-n-a-n-a-s. I keep seeing that we are trying to be like them

My point wasn't that we are like them...more that we as fans don't know what the front office has in mind. Some of the strategies employed by the Pats had their fans up in arms in early 2001...but they turned out just fine I think. That was the only parallel I was attempting to draw.

The whole point of this board is for everyone to express their ideas on what the redskins should do or not do. Thats why eveyone including myself chimes in on their opinions. IMO the draft was a good one.

There are alot of good fans here and I enjoy even the negative vibes about the team and we have that luxury to complain and hip hip hoorah.

I still think a HOF coach and getting paid 5Mil a year he must know a little more than me about who to pick in the draft.

Originally posted by Art

It's funny, but, Andy Reid, a guy in position to know, has already said a lot of the guys they picked won't make the roster.

Art the last thing I want to do is defend the Eagle's... but is there any possibility that Reid made those statements to get his guys fired up?

News flash man, we had a number of CBs signed. Springs, Harris, Wilds, Jimoh just to name 4. Does that mean that drafting Rogers was bad too? We have enough LBs under contract to fill the roster as well, so I guess that means that drafting McCune and Newberry were bad picks as well.

My point is that just because we had Ramsey, Brunell and Hasselbeck under contract does not mean we can't draft a guy to make the overall depth better. If he takes the spot of one of those three well, that is the way of the world in the NFL. Every guy drafted over the weekend, for the Redskins or any other team, that makes a roster this year will taking the place of some guy who was on the roster the year before. For every rookie who makes a squad some other guy who played last year retires or moves to a different league whether they want to or not.

If Joe Gibbs likes our players I like them. One thing for sure matter how much WE like Patrick Ramsey our coach doesn't. It's mean and cruel but it's a fact this is the 2nd qb in 2 years to be brought in to take his job. I hope Patrick proves him wrong and keeps his job so may the best man win.

Originally posted by Neophyte

News flash man, we had a number of CBs signed. Springs, Harris, Wilds, Jimoh just to name 4. Does that mean that drafting Rogers was bad too? We have enough LBs under contract to fill the roster as well, so I guess that means that drafting McCune and Newberry were bad picks as well.

My point is that just because we had Ramsey, Brunell and Hasselbeck under contract does not mean we can't draft a guy to make the overall depth better. If he takes the spot of one of those three well, that is the way of the world in the NFL. Every guy drafted over the weekend, for the Redskins or any other team, that makes a roster this year will taking the place of some guy who was on the roster the year before. For every rookie who makes a squad some other guy who played last year retires or moves to a different league whether they want to or not.

Great post! :cheers:

You pick players to have the best possible roster...hello??? <in Herm Edwards voice>

you don't have to a scout to know that Ronnie Brown will be has the better chance of being a pro than Maurice Claurett. Or the fact that when you give all your confidence in Ramsey, and you have two other quarterbacks signed on the roster you do not select a QB in the first round. And not one that will not pay dividends until a few years down the road, and also giving up a first round pick. That is madness, complete madness. This draft was terrible, but maybe Gibbs is right all we need are two fullbacks to put over the top.

I admit I was shocked to see Gibbs & Co select a QB in the first round considering all the other areas that needed to be upgraded, however who am I to judge a guy who has been doing this before I was born. As far as knowing who will have a better career this early is insane, who knows Claurett could have a better career than R Brown we just don't know.

Example - Ki-Jana Carter was selected #1 overall if you can remember but, did he have a better career than (Curtis Martin) who was picked 74 overall in that same draft? NO.

Originally posted by zoony

Art the last thing I want to do is defend the Eagle's... but is there any possibility that Reid made those statements to get his guys fired up?

Not at all. There's not room for 13 draft picks on the Eagles roster. Generally not every pick made is a keeper anyway, and a couple of guys they'd otherwise like won't make it due to roster limitations.

Actually, when you think about it, the Redskins, right now, are not in a very different situation. Looking at our roster there really is no room left for draft picks at MOST positions on the team. Linebacker, safety, corner are all set at least for next year, barring career-ending injuries. Running back, quarterback are pretty certainly set. Receiver could be set if Jacobs catches 60 balls and Moss catches 75 :). If not, we'll probably have to add an upper level guy here, but, there's not really room for another project here at least.

Tight end/h-back seems pretty well set, though again, we could use an UPPER end tight end, though no room is left for a project. I think there is likely a spot for a versatile interior lineman who can do guard/center to replace Raymer and a versatile offensive lineman to replace Ray Brown -- we may already have that though.

And, on the defensive line, we could use some youth. Still, if we had 13 picks, we'd never be able to fit them all in. Teams like the Niners need 13 picks. Teams like the Eagles don't.

Archived