Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Before everybody goes Crazy...

DonMagicJuan

Before anyone goes crazy on Gibbs or whatever, listen up

like Jon Jansen just said, GIBBS IS TRUE TO HIS WORD! He told Ramsey that its his team and thats not false.

2nd - We had Doug Williams behind another man, and look what happen, SUPERBOWL for Doug WIlliams and the skins...

3rd - The man can RUN unlike Mr Ramsey...im sorry to say, he is a statue but i love Ramsey no matter what...i say in two years, Campbell can be the starter unless Ramsey is on fire...

4th - If you like Gibbs and love the skins, then you will Trust Gibbs, you can question him all you want..all i gotta say is, if your a true fan, just shutup and let the man do what he has to do.

5th - your probably thinkin WR? well...we have WR's...Taylor Jacobs, David Patten, Santana Moss, and Darnerian McCants...mgiht not be superstars, but hell, the Patriots dont have any superstars neither...

BOTTOM LINE THE REDSKINS DID THEIR HOMEWORK...

:helmet:

Yes but this is still an EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING draft day when you see these 2 first round picks. So overall, we spent 2 1st rounders, a 3rd and a 4th, missed out on Mike Williams, Williamson & Clayton, got Rogers (who I am not impressed with) and introduced a little well-needed QB controversy into Washington once again (because 1 month without it is far too long).

I just had hopes that this draft would address some needs, and we would create some depth at some specific positions that we didnt do the way I thought it was clear we needed to.

You should have heard the crowds reaction @ Fedex when we didnt draft williams...

It's even worse. We didn't miss out on Williams...we walked right by. There is a difference.

Now, we are not the FO, never will be...but this one is hard to swallow considering all the CB talent further down the board. This was a you get one, I get one thing from the gitgo. And because JG wanted that one, we elevated Rogers to the #9.

Does anyone on the board, I mean even the most loyal and diehard fans of the Redskins and JG really think this is the way to manage this draft?

Well ...

1) apparently the people out in Ashburn ARE all that impressed with Rogers

2) screw the "QB controversy." The team just not only added "depth" at the most crucial position in football, but created competition at the position AND removed the possibility that should Ramsey go down in week 3, we have no other options there but Brunell and Hasselbeck. Oh ... and perhaps added a guy to be quietly groomed BEHIND Ramsey---who. as Gibbs has alrady said, WILL go into the season as the starter---and maybe cemented the future of the QB position on this team for years to come.

3) as to the FedEx crowd ... due respect, but I could really care less what their reaction was. Beer and name-recognition, to me, are far down the list of things I consider important to the objective draft analysis game. :)

I love the Carlos Rogers pick . He has the speed and size that make him a mix of pacman and antrel. Maybe we could have traded down a little and picked up a third, but all in all not a bad deciscion.

The Campbell pick wouldn't be a bad pick but, right now we have four quarterbacks on our roster, when we could have instead picked Roddy White. Mel says he may have the best hands in the draft.

Of course its also really annoying that Len actually got one right...

i just think CB is the glaring need, i HONESTLY cant see walt harris starting and doing GOOD, were talkin about WALT HARRIS starting, and theres no good corner available at #25 so that Rogers pick was good imo...

it is frustrating tho, i understand, im just as big as PICKING WILLIAMS as any of you, my sig had PLEASE SKINS GET WILLIAMS for weeks now...i feel your pain but i understand now, were in a good direction i think!

I love the Carlos Rogers pick . He has the speed and size that make him a mix of pacman and antrel. Maybe we could have traded down a little and picked up a third, but all in all not a bad deciscion.

The Campbell pick wouldn't be a bad pick but, right now we have four quarterbacks on our roster, when we could have instead picked Roddy White. Mel says he may have the best hands in the draft. And we kind of gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 4th to get him.

Of course its also really annoying that Len actually got one right...

The Rogers pick I really like...

But picking Campbell??...Only positive spin I can put on it is that the FO expects Ramsey to be gone when he becomes a FA, not that they don't think he can do the job. If so, Campbell's there to take over, with a few seasons of understudy under his belt.

Only problem with that scenario is, what if Ramsey indeed wants to stay??...You give up the picks they did to draft a back-up for the next 7 years??...

He's obviously been picked to start, and start soon...not this upcoming season, but damn, did we REALLY need another young, promising and talented QB THAT badly?

Ok, so I don't have any positive spin...lol

Originally posted by Om

Well ...

1) apparently the people out in Ashburn ARE all that impressed with Rogers

2) screw the "QB controversy." The team just not only added "depth" at the most crucial position in football, but created competition at the position AND removed the possibility that should Ramsey go down in week 3, we have no other options there but Brunell and Hasselbeck. Oh ... and perhaps added a guy to be quietly groomed BEHIND Ramsey---who. as Gibbs has alrady said, WILL go into the season as the starter---and maybe cemented the future of the QB position on this team for years to come.

3) as to the FedEx crowd ... due respect, but I could really care less what their reaction was. Beer and name-recognition, to me, are far down the list of things I consider important to the objective draft analysis game. :)

I agree. Just because we think we know what's best, doesn't mean we actually do. Remember last year we thought we knew that our Defense was gonna suck, and our Offense would be at the top of the league, we were wrong. All of us!

Personally, I think that Rogers was a good pick. I was surprised we didn't take Mike Williams, but he's also one of those high risk, high reward type guys, and we can't afford that right now. And if we can keep our D solid, while infusing some young talent, I'm all for it.

Campbell was a bit of a concern for me, only because I love Patrick Ramsey. But after thinking about it a little harder this isn't as much a slap in Patrick's face, as it is a slap in Brunell and Hasselbeck's face. We all know that there's no way in hell Gibbs starts Capmbell on the first day. But if Ramsey gets injured or implodes, we're not worried about having Brunell coming off the bench, or Hasselbeck's weak arm that wont be able to utilize our WR's speed.

I'm taking a wait and see approach to this draft, leaning more toward optimism. I suggest some of you day traders do the same, before you jump off a bridge or something like that.

In searching for a QB, Gibbs has spent a:

3rd rounder on Brunell.

1st rounder on Campbell.

3rd rounder on Campbell.

4th rounder on Campbell.

All this because, according to Gibbs, the Skins are Ramsey's team?

QB is an important position, but for a coach who has shown he can find success without having the best at the position, it doesn't seem to be an efficient use of picks. It's not hard to see why some Skins fans would be disappointed with this pick.

I'm sorry, but I can't see this as anything but as a no confidence in Patrick Ramsay. You don't give up three picks for a guy unless you expect him to start for you eventually, and there is only one QB position on the field.

As someone else says, it looks like Ramsay will be a good QB for another team. If not, then we wasted a bunch of picks.

Jason

Originally posted by Om

The team just not only added "depth" at the most crucial position in football

Do you really think the Skins FO traded this year's 3rd rounder, next year's 1st rounder and next year's 4th rounder...simply for "depth"??...

but created competition

If they didn't feel there was already competition, they never should have resigned Hasselbeck (Brunell is kept cuz of cap ramifications, basically)...

AND removed the possibility that should Ramsey go down in week 3, we have no other options there but Brunell and Hasselbeck.

Do you REALLY think Campbell's gonna be a realistic option that Gibbs considers even IF Ramsey were to go down in week#3??...Please, last season showed that even with Brunell playing like a man with alzheimers, Gibbs wasn't gonna go with Ramsey until he felt he was "ready"--which in Gibbs-speak means after he's ridden the pine for a few seasons..lol. Campbell's not gonna leapfrog over Brunell if Ramsey twists an ankle...no matter how well he practices.

Oh ... and perhaps added a guy to be quietly groomed BEHIND Ramsey---who. as Gibbs has alrady said, WILL go into the season as the starter---and maybe cemented the future of the QB position on this team for years to come.

He's gonna be groomed to replace Ramsey, and soon...not be his backup and "possible, eventual" replacement once Ramsey's illustrious career as a Redskin comes to an end...

I don't have a huge problem with taking Campbell. Ramsey just doesn't seem to have "it." Hell, Hasselbeck has better football instincts and looks far more comfortable under center. When you've been in the league for three years and still lock in on one receiver, well you shouldn't be surprised when the team doesn't have a huge amount of faith in you.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

In searching for a QB, Gibbs has spent a:

2nd rounder on Brunell.

1st rounder on Campbell.

3rd rounder on Campbell.

4th rounder on Campbell.

All this because, according to Gibbs, the Skins are Ramsey's team?

QB is an important position, but for a coach who has shown he can find success without having the best at the position, it doesn't seem to be an efficient use of picks. It's not hard to see why some Skins fans would be disappointed with this pick.

Exactly...

Originally posted by Hooper

I don't have a huge problem with taking Campbell. Ramsey just doesn't seem to have "it." Hell, Hasselbeck has better football instincts and looks far more comfortable under center. When you've been in the league for three years and still lock in on one receiver, well you shouldn't be surprised when the team doesn't have a huge amount of faith in you.

You must have missed that 27-0 drubbing the Skins suffered with calm, cool Hasselbeck behind center...lol (or was the score worse?)

Are you all smart at all? Werent you the same people that created about a zillion and one words for how bad Brunell is? If Ramsey ever went down this season or next season, or even plays bad, guess who our QB would have been? BRUNELL!

If Ramsey ever went down this season or next season, or even plays bad, guess who our QB would have been? BRUNELL!

Guess who still is going to start if Ramsay goes down. BRUNELL!

Sorry, but Gibbs history is to have guys ride the bench, and he still has some belief in Brunell, who will be the first off the bench if Ramsay goes down.

Jason

Archived