Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should I go to the draft thingy at FedEX or should I stay home and read ES

spjunkies

Originally posted by Bufford

I'll be at Fedex with 3 cousins and another buddy.

Its always fun to go to FedEx....where there is NO chance of us losing on the field that day.

Bars all over......comfy chairs. Go down on the field. Its fun for the whole family....not really. But I love it.

Yeah, but it's suppost to poor all day long. I'm sure they are gonna cancel the event.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Traditionally, draft day has been our craziest day of the year for 4 years running. It'll be mayhem in here on Saturday.

Do what you will... I'd suggest sticking around ES. You can thank me later :)

Are the servers up to the job? Been running a little slow lately. Can't imagine the traffic on Draft Day.

despite the rain and hecticness of FedEx, there will be former and current players, as well as cheerleaders at FedEx. Here you get your very large assortment of mods and posters. If I was in the area I woulda gone to FedEx still, unless theres like a frikkin hurricane or something happening outside.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Traditionally, draft day has been our craziest day of the year for 4 years running. It'll be mayhem in here on Saturday.

Do what you will... I'd suggest sticking around ES. You can thank me later :)

I told my wife not plan anything on Saturday because I was going to be here all day!! :laugh:

Originally posted by airborneskins

Just back from Iraq, and I will be there rain or shine, I need to see some Skins fans! Been in the desert with nothing but cowgirl fans. Can't wait!

Airborneskins, thank you for your service to our great country.

Come by the DTC tailgate (it will be located near the Hall of Fame store by gate A) before the Draft Day party, and your beer is on me.

Just look for our DTC flag, and you will find us.

Originally posted by skinsfan44

Airborneskins, thank you for your service to our great country.

Come by the DTC tailgate (it will be located near the Hall of Fame store by gate A) before the Draft Day party, and your beer is on me.

Just look for our DTC flag, and you will find us.

Will see you tomorrow then.

Just back from Iraq, and I will be there rain or shine, I need to see some Skins fans! Been in the desert with nothing but cowgirl fans. Can't wait!

First....welcome home!

Is it as bad over there as the media makes it out to be? It seems there is a rise in violence that is really disturbing. But what do I know, I'm spoon fed from the media.

Please tell......:helmet:

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

First....welcome home!

Is it as bad over there as the media makes it out to be? It seems there is a rise in violence that is really disturbing. But what do I know, I'm spoon fed from the media.

Please tell......:helmet:

What I can tell you is that the media only portrays the negative side of things. I will say that 95% of the country loves us being there. I mean all you hear about on the news is the 5% that want us out of there and will do anything to get us out. I mean look at it this way If the only thing that the rest of the people in the world saw about the US was that there were people that were trying to overthrow the gov't, then they would think that everybody was that way.

What isn't shown is all of the things that our military is doing to improve the quality of life for the iraqi people. Sure you saw that we caught Saddam and you saw that the elections went over well, but what they do not show are the people that are constantly thanking the US troops for helping thier country get to that point. Thier life when Saddam was in charge was aweful. Can you imagine a life where if you don't believe what I believe then I will kill you in the street, or I will send you into exile to a place where I have drained all of the water from the rivers and lakes so that you can dehydrate to death.

When I first got to Iraq (the first time, Sept 2003) we drove through a land where there was no green in sight. The people on the side of the road where begging for food from us as we were driving past. Little kids would literally run into the road and get in front of us and ask for food. Saddam had literally drained all of the water from the rivers and lakes because he wanted them to die.

When I left in April 2004, I saw in that same area (Southern Iraq) rivers and lakes that had been irrigated again by the Army's engineers and things that were again growing in the area that only 8 months earlier had been barren. The same Kids that were begging for food, were now thanking us as we convoyed back down to Kuwait.

There is alot of good that I could sit here and type about, but I do not have the time to write this down. I may have to start forum on these things. However I will ask that you Pray for our troops in Harms way today.

I am sorry that I brought this into our beloved ES sight! But I do need a place to tell folks about the Good that obviously isn't being reported on our beloved news sights.

Thank you for your support! And please let the guys in Iraq know that you support them.

Sincerely,

Airborneskins

What I can tell you is that the media only portrays the negative side of things. I will say that 95% of the country loves us being there. I mean all you hear about on the news is the 5% that want us out of there and will do anything to get us out. I mean look at it this way If the only thing that the rest of the people in the world saw about the US was that there were people that were trying to overthrow the gov't, then they would think that everybody was that way.

What isn't shown is all of the things that our military is doing to improve the quality of life for the iraqi people. Sure you saw that we caught Saddam and you saw that the elections went over well, but what they do not show are the people that are constantly thanking the US troops for helping thier country get to that point. Thier life when Saddam was in charge was aweful. Can you imagine a life where if you don't believe what I believe then I will kill you in the street, or I will send you into exile to a place where I have drained all of the water from the rivers and lakes so that you can dehydrate to death.

When I first got to Iraq (the first time, Sept 2003) we drove through a land where there was no green in sight. The people on the side of the road where begging for food from us as we were driving past. Little kids would literally run into the road and get in front of us and ask for food. Saddam had literally drained all of the water from the rivers and lakes because he wanted them to die.

When I left in April 2004, I saw in that same area (Southern Iraq) rivers and lakes that had been irrigated again by the Army's engineers and things that were again growing in the area that only 8 months earlier had been barren. The same Kids that were begging for food, were now thanking us as we convoyed back down to Kuwait.

There is alot of good that I could sit here and type about, but I do not have the time to write this down. I may have to start forum on these things. However I will ask that you Pray for our troops in Harms way today.

I am sorry that I brought this into our beloved ES sight! But I do need a place to tell folks about the Good that obviously isn't being reported on our beloved news sights.

Thank you for your support! And please let the guys in Iraq know that you support them.

Sincerely,

Airborneskins

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! My family appreciates everything you guys are doing, have done, and will do. My son is airborne too...(he's stationed at Camp Zama, Japan), and I'm very aware of the sacrifices that you are making for your country, family and friends. Thank you! :cheers:

Ill be there as well. Ill be wearing a Portis jersey, look for me:laugh:

I called them earlier, they said that it wont be cancelled due to rain since "most of the stuff is inside anyway". They probably wont let us walk on the field, thats about it.

Lets hope for no rain, or late rain or something.

Has anyone been to this event before? Is it fun? Are there good sales? Any players show up?

Archived