Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LOFL! For all you Westbrook fans . . .

redman

I knew Westbrook was going to have a hard time in free agency once the Cowboys and Raiders, teams traditionally ready to take on talented but underachieving athletes, both took a pass on him.

Let's face it. With the June 1 releases there has been a glut of good receivers on the market from McCardell, Freeman, Alexander, etc.....and these guys have all gotten immediate attention..................

while Westbrook remains on the outside looking in.

I would be very funny if Westbrook signed in Cincinnati for less than the Redskins were reported to have offered him.

For some unknown reason, I get the impression Michael has injected himself, (insert all kinds of jokes here), into the business aspect of his free agency and it's come back to bite him squarly in the arse. Not an uncommon theme in the NFL offseason this year, just think he'd learn from that.

Keep in mind that he doesn't have a contract yet, or even an offer. He has a workout. What if the Bungles decide not to sign him? What's the next stop after being rejected by the laughingstock of the NFL? NFL Europe (still a good chunk of the season to go there)? Arena Ball (he's have to play both ways, would be able to satisfy his need to hit someone)? Is the Virginia Ravens semi-pro team still in business?

Add this equation. Each potential team that shares an interest will consider his attitude with his previous team, whether they threw the ball to him or not. They would like to know, do you rise above it or just complain.

Rice wanted the ball more in SF, so instead of crying, he worked on a lot of things that would become the proxy for all WR to this day. Chris Carter, even though mouthy, also did the same. To get to Z you have to begin at A. Ask LaVar!

Archived