Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is when we need another local Sportstalk station

@DCGoldPants

I don't even want to turn on 980 when I get in the car 15 min from now. Its not even worth it.

I wish Z104 would get their act together. Get the Skins for sundays with their stronger signal. Have all Skins/Nats coverage....and bury 980.

Tony K is going to XM anyway.

980 could just go ESPN radio 24/7 with no local junk.

a boy can dream

Originally posted by SkinsForLife260

Why is espn radio like chicago sports at night? Like around 10. All i hear is about the bulls and whitesox. I am preety sure its espn cause i hear the espn baseball games there. I could be wrong.....

Are you using a digital tuner, or the old fashioned kind.

At night, Sports Radio AM 1000 comes in pretty clearly from Chicago. It is different than our local sports talk 980. The chicago station also plays ESPN at night, so at times both stations are broadcasting the same show, but other times, like when chicago teams are playing, 980 will still have espn, or local stuff, and 1000 is playing chicago stuff.

When using an old style tuner, it is confusing, b/c the 2 stations are so close togethor on the band, but you can see the difference when using a digital tuner.

It's kind of wierd how AM Frequencies work at night, if you go up and down the AM band, you can pick up stations from all over like NY and Ohio.

Even down here in Jacksonville, where Tony K can allegedly smell the city all the way from DC but I can't 10 minutes from downtown, we have two sports talk stations. Of course the biggest day on sports talk radio down here is national signing day - uuuuugggggghhhh! I still can't believe how bad radio has gotten in DC since I left a decade ago. Everytime I go up for a visit I want to hurl when I try to listen to that alleged sports talk station.

Originally posted by ujmodi

At night, Sports Radio AM 1000 comes in pretty clearly from Chicago. It is different than our local sports talk 980. The chicago station also plays ESPN at night, so at times both stations are broadcasting the same show, but other times, like when chicago teams are playing, 980 will still have espn, or local stuff, and 1000 is playing chicago stuff.

When using an old style tuner, it is confusing, b/c the 2 stations are so close togethor on the band, but you can see the difference when using a digital tuner.

It's kind of wierd how AM Frequencies work at night, if you go up and down the AM band, you can pick up stations from all over like NY and Ohio.

I used to listen to Harry and Spike on AM 1000 (WMVP back then) about 5-7 years ago.

Those dudes were funny :D

Originally posted by ujmodi

Yes you are right. I am using the old style tuners. Thanks, I think you are right about how close the stations are.

Originally posted by Bufford

I don't even want to turn on 980 when I get in the car 15 min from now. Its not even worth it.

I wish Z104 would get their act together. Get the Skins for sundays with their stronger signal. Have all Skins/Nats coverage....and bury 980.

Tony K is going to XM anyway.

980 could just go ESPN radio 24/7 with no local junk.

a boy can dream

Tony K is already on XM. It is a simulcast of his 980 show. You can find it on XM 152. XM also has the pure, unaltered ESPN Radio station (XM 140).

Archived