Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton on the Dan Patrick Show next..

Shouldn't the Redskins have a deal in place to trade Ramsey so if they do get Campbell, that will be out of the way? If the Skins draft Campbell, other teams will know they have the Skins where they want them because Ramsey isn't going to want to stay if he feels that Campbell will be the QB of the future for the Skins.

I love how the theory here is that because we happened to be working out one player on the day a trade went down, that that player MUST be the guy we're targeting. Do they think that we worked him out and, without any reflectino on our part, impulse shopped by picking up the phone and immediately making a trade to get this guy 25 picks into the draft?

It's abject speculation, plain and simple.

Originally posted by redman

I love how the theory here is that because we happened to be working out one player on the day a trade went down, that that player MUST be the guy we're targeting. Do they think that we worked him out and, without any reflectino on our part, impulse shopped by picking up the phone and immediately making a trade to get this guy 25 picks into the draft?

It's abject speculation, plain and simple.

Here's the thing though. The team has said that it concluded all of its evaluations and had made up its board a week or two ago. If they were working guys out yesterday, then those player(s) COULDN"T have been on the board before because they said their board was already done. Almost by definition working out new players would have to mean that we were changing our board knowing that we were about to acquire an additional pick. Those two things can't be disconnected.

If Ramsey is traded by the Skins after baring registering a quality chance in 3 years to establish himself, it will be one of the mysteries of this team over the past 30 plus years I have watched them.

Nobody denies Ramsey's arm. Nobody denies the guy finished with a 3.6 GPA in college in a double major and is a smart guy. Everyone saw the guy make some plays behind hideous protection in 2003 before his body broke down and yet if Campbelll is selected, it will mean SOMETHING was missing, something important enough to allow the team to jettison a former #1 pick that other teams still have interest in.

If we trade him I sure hope we don't end up coming to regret it.

Originally posted by RustburgSkins

hahahahahaha why are there so many doubters on this board now???? you all go from TRUST JOE GIBBS he knows what he is doing.....to.....I hope he knows what he is doing, blah blah blah

not really...

i was like this from the last pre season

I just hope joe doesnt screw it up like brunell.

I'm sure there are quite a few teams that would trade for Ramsey. The first team that comes to mind that might want Ramsey is GB. Also, S.F.... Miami... Cleveland.... and the Saints probably have QB high on their wish list. What's to say we don't draft Campbell at #25 and then trade Ramsey for a 2nd rounder this year and a combination of picks next year. Or... how about a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. Wouldn't the Dolphins love to take Ronnie Brown at #2 and then trade for Ramsey with this year's 3rd rounder and a combination of high 2006 picks?

Originally posted by Cskin

I'm sure there are quite a few teams that would trade for Ramsey. The first team that comes to mind that might want Ramsey is GB. Also, S.F.... Miami... Cleveland.... and the Saints probably have QB high on their wish list. What's to say we don't draft Campbell at #25 and then trade Ramsey for a 2nd rounder this year and a combination of picks next year. Or... how about a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. Wouldn't the Dolphins love to take Ronnie Brown at #2 and then trade for Ramsey with this year's 2nd rounder and a combination of 2006 picks?

if we really wanted ramsey gone, we would have trade ramsey last year to miami for their first round pick.

just 3 more days guys

i dont feel like getting a new QB... but watever happens

Archived