Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moronic Boston Fan hits Sheffield

chomerics

I'm watching the Sox-Yanks game, and some moron hit Sheffield in the head. It's kind of hard to tell if he was doing it on purpose or not, but the replay showed the fan hit him in the head with his elbow.

Anyway, Tek lines a triple down by Pesky's pole and it rolls along the wall. Sheffield bends down to get it and a guy elbows him in the head.

Anyways, this crap pisses me off, people should keep the f*** away from the damn field of play.

BTW, Doug Flutie caught a liner in the second inning. The commentators say hey, did you see that play? Then they realize it's Flutie. They interview him and he mentions that that's the 4th foul ball he's caught in 4 consecutive games. Strange game indeed. . .

Sox up by 3 going into the 9th.

I watched it too and I did not see the fan "hit" or "elboe" Sheffield. To me, it looked like the fan swiped his arm along the outer edge of the wall bordering the field to interfere with Sheffield while he was trying to field the ball.

It was stupid and nonsensical, but I don't think that the fan "hit" Sheffield. What I did notice was how quickly Sheffield balled his fist up like he was going to swing...

I watched it a few times, I think the fan did make contact with Gary. If you watch it real slow you can see as his arm passes by, Gary's head is moved, looks like he caught him on the left, chin area. Either way, the fan is a moron but the biggest loser is the guy that throws beer on Gary, trying to act like it was not done on purpose, then falls all over himself cause he's drunk.

Originally posted by TheDoyler23

Nice of Sheff to try and hit the guy before, I dunno, throwing the ball to the infield.

OK. Let me see here.

I am running........after a ball........looking at it and not the fans and ALL OF A SUDDEN I am hit in the head.......OUT OF NOWHERE.......and my first response is to throw the ball?

Yeah right.

Blondie

Looks like he pushed back and when he was given 1.3 seconds to think about it he backed off and just yelled at him..

Not too shabby if you ask me..

The fan who swung and the beer thrower need to lose season tickets (if you let you friend have that seats take it out on them ;) )...

And be banned from going to baseball games in any stadium...

I saw it differently, like much of the responses I've heard on sports radio. I don't think the fan even knew Sheffield was there..... I think he was reacting to the ball coming down the wall and began to bend down for a chance to grab it. At the same time Sheffield was bending down and I think the fan's arm just barely grazed the side of Sheffield's head.... not even disturbing Sheffield's hat.

Blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. The fan should have been ejected for inteferring with the game.... but by no means does this warrant the attention it's getting. Sheffield overeacted.... the result of the rivary and not the fan's actions.

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

the biggest loser is the guy that throws beer on Gary, trying to act like it was not done on purpose, then falls all over himself cause he's drunk.

Yeah, nobody seems to really point that out. I first thought it was an accident, but when I watch it again, it's pretty clear that nobody even touches him.

That guy should definitely get in more trouble than the hand-swiping guy.

Guaranteed Shef had been listening to those morons screaming insults at him all night. Then in a tense close game he goes to make a play an one of those idiot's touches him. MONEY thats the only thing that kept Gary on the field and that fans face from becoming 2lbs of fresh hamburger.

Oh and by the way nice hit in his next at bat.

Originally posted by Cskin

I saw it differently, like much of the responses I've heard on sports radio. I don't think the fan even knew Sheffield was there..... I think he was reacting to the ball coming down the wall and began to bend down for a chance to grab it. At the same time Sheffield was bending down and I think the fan's arm just barely grazed the side of Sheffield's head.... not even disturbing Sheffield's hat.

Blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. The fan should have been ejected for inteferring with the game.... but by no means does this warrant the attention it's getting. Sheffield overeacted.... the result of the rivary and not the fan's actions.

I agree. This is just the media overblowing a mild interference. I don't think the fan did it on purpose.

Archived