Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort with Dan Patrick

Hauss

Plenty of players skip the "voluntary workouts" but because Gibbs is here they are making a big deal out of it......these are two miami players and they tend to work out in Miami together...I believe that Shockey is there, Ed Reed is there, plus others....

Well...Gibbs shouldn't allow these players to get away with it......for too long the Redskins have babied their players and gotten sh*t in return...now is the time to toughen them up....there are members of the team that will appreciate this outlook...that no player is better than the team....that is outlook that Gibbs is trying to instill eventually it will lead to more team cohesion and less of the partying during the season....

Originally posted by codeorama

The local sports radio guy had a redskins beat writer on yesterday and he said that it is clear to all of the writers that Gibbs is questioning his decision to come back.

Take that for what it's worth, but IMO, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Or maybe Gibbs was just questioning why he continues to talk to these insane reporters who want to make mountains out of mole hills because there isn't enough better redskin news to report.

I mean they were all "SOOO SURE" Gibbs was leaving after the NASCAR press conference that they all ran out and actually wrote about it, only to have Gibbs tell them how wrong they were. Yet now a beat reporter has a "feeling" and I'm suppose to think it means anything other then these guys have no idea how to read Gibbs

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Not to hijack this thread, but if the Dan Patrick show is discussing the Taylor and Moss situations, then it must not be "business as usual" for players to always skip the voluntary workouts with their respective teams.

A lot of people are claiming it's no big deal that a few of our players are missing these sessions. I think the fact that it's making national news is proof that it's not as common as people are making it out to be.

It's not quite business as usual, but it IS a common occurance. The only thing that makes it national news is that it involves Gibbs, who a) Is a HOF coach who is still seen as being in transition from the old ways to the new, and B) has stated numerous times how serious he feels attendance to off-season workouts is. Couple that with the fact that it involves Taylor, who was great to track last year with all his bumps and Moss, who was part of such a "controversal" trade.

It only national news because it allows soo many talking points.

- Can Gibbs cut it in todays NFL?

- Will these new breed of players drive Gibbs out of the game early?

- Is Taylor really as big of a head case as he seems to be turning out to be?

- Is he too much of a head case to make him worth keeping for his playmaking ability?

- Can Moss produce for this team well enough to make the trade seem worth it?

- Is this seen as a contract holdout?

It actually has nothing to do with the fact that this will somehow cause the team to fully implode. That this actually has any major ramifications on the team from a long term standpoint is silly. For Moss, it almost seems clear that it is a contract thing and as with most other hold-outs, the teammates get over it, understand it and move on. Would it be better if he was here? Of course it would, but it's not going to cause some huge rift in the team. Taylor on the other hand is a bit more mystifying, but I think in the end, most teammates will chaulk this up as Rookie immaturity and rib the hell out of him when he finally gets back, but this too will more then likely blow over faster then it came. It's just not that huge of a deal and many understand it comes with the nature of the new NFL.

Originally posted by FBChick

Or maybe Gibbs was just questioning why he continues to talk to these insane reporters who want to make mountains out of mole hills because there isn't enough better redskin news to report.

I mean they were all "SOOO SURE" Gibbs was leaving after the NASCAR press conference that they all ran out and actually wrote about it, only to have Gibbs tell them how wrong they were. Yet now a beat reporter has a "feeling" and I'm suppose to think it means anything other then these guys have no idea how to read Gibbs

The didn't say he was quitting after the season, they just said that he is aware that it's not what he thought it would be.

I DON'T see Gibbs quitting in the middle of a season or anything like that, but at this point, I have a hard time believing that he's going to say here for 5 years.

Archived