Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort with Dan Patrick

Hauss

I heard Mort on the Dan Patrick ESPN radio show this afternoon. He spoked just briefly about Gibbs' frustration with Moss and Taylor and with the new NFL. Patrick asked him who would last longer--Parcells or Gibbs. He said Parcells would finish his contract. Mort then said that he felt Gibbs would re-evaluate his situation at the end of the year. Of course, this is pure speculation on Mort's part.

Not to hijack this thread, but if the Dan Patrick show is discussing the Taylor and Moss situations, then it must not be "business as usual" for players to always skip the voluntary workouts with their respective teams.

A lot of people are claiming it's no big deal that a few of our players are missing these sessions. I think the fact that it's making national news is proof that it's not as common as people are making it out to be.

I also heard Mort on the Herd this morning saying that Gibbs was second guessing his decision to come back to football.

Mort has really slipped as an NFL journalist. He's recycling garbage from last year.

How many times does Gibbs have to state that he signed a 5 year deal and that he'll be here for the duration of the deal if not beyond???

Obviously these knuckleheads refuse to accept the fact that Gibbs says what he means. :2cents:

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Not to hijack this thread, but if the Dan Patrick show is discussing the Taylor and Moss situations, then it must not be "business as usual" for players to always skip the voluntary workouts with their respective teams.

A lot of people are claiming it's no big deal that a few of our players are missing these sessions. I think the fact that it's making national news is proof that it's not as common as people are making it out to be.

It isn't a big deal, however Taylor is not even returning calls to Gibbs :doh:

the reason i don't listen to espn (regarding the Skins) is because they support Dallas... every year they show optimism towards the Cowchips , but when it comes to the Skins its always a side note of negativity.. therefore i just take them with a grain of salt.. eff em'!!!

Originally posted by Rockville Redskin

They need to shut up about that already...I'm tired of ESPN

They are going to report the news as it pertains to sports. The problem here is not ESPN it is Moss and Taylor. Two players that are under contract and for now are part of the Redskins future who both said that they would take part in offeseason activities before we acquired them.

Moss especially needs to get his butt into camp so he and Ramsey can build some chemistry and timing.

Taylor just needs to wise up. He signed the contract and he has only played one season in the NFL.

Play a couple more seasons and earn it jacka$$.

My gosh I am sick of where professioanal sports is headed. What should happen is player salaries and owner revenue should should be much more heavily taxed. They get less and remember what sports was really about and we the fans get cheaper ticket prices and are not taxed as much ourselves.

Originally posted by RustburgSkins

Gibbs might say he will be here for 5 years....but its hard to believe he will actually coach for 5 years.....i do not see it happening

If your still on this board in 2008, I'll be sure to remind you of this post when Gibbs runs onto the field for the 2008 season. :D

Dan Patrick is clueless. He's moved into the full time "entertainer" role like Kornheiser. I can't take the guy seriously anymore in regards to his sports talk.

And Mort is completely in the dark when it comes to us.

I respect both of these guys' opinions about as much as I respect Czabe.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

I also heard Mort on the Herd this morning saying that Gibbs was second guessing his decision to come back to football.

Mort has really slipped as an NFL journalist. He's recycling garbage from last year.

How many times does Gibbs have to state that he signed a 5 year deal and that he'll be here for the duration of the deal if not beyond???

Obviously these knuckleheads refuse to accept the fact that Gibbs says what he means. :2cents:

Called stirring the POT!!!

The local sports radio guy had a redskins beat writer on yesterday and he said that it is clear to all of the writers that Gibbs is questioning his decision to come back.

Take that for what it's worth, but IMO, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Originally posted by RustburgSkins

Gibbs might say he will be here for 5 years....but its hard to believe he will actually coach for 5 years.....i do not see it happening

Unless one of these 3 things happens to/with Coach Gibbs he will stay the full contract:

1. Snyder fires him (I seriously doubt that this will happen--ramifications to the franchise would be dire)

2. Coach has a serious health issue (possible with his age and diabetes-- but the Coach IS in good health from everything I have read and is taking good care of himself)

3. The Redskins win the Superbowl-- if this happens and Williams can get a good O-coordinator, Gibbs will step down as HC (but stay team president) and Williams would probably be the new HC.

That's just my guess......

Archived